Logistics Lead - Remote
Full Job Description
Auto req ID: 20085
Title: Logistics Lead - Remote
Job Function: Materials and Procurement
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
We maximize employee flexibility and well-being through a virtual mindset that supports our highly distributed, global workforce. We take an outcome-focused, people-centered approach to winning, including welcoming the best talent - wherever they may be.
This remote role is not tightly linked to a physical location and provides flexibility in where, when and how you accomplish your work.
The Lead Logistics role is responsible for executing operational strategies for dealer-facing logistics. This role will ensure the successful importation, transportation, storage, and delivery of material and product for product distribution sites. This role will also proactively lead continuous improvement efforts to improve logistics processes and partnerships and collaborate extensively with similar functions in other markets across the globe.
- Engage with and be the first point of escalation for lead third party logistics (3PL) partners (warehousing, transportation, customs brokerage) at the distribution sites
- Engage and investigate alternatives with Business COriginal Equipment(s) in resolution of system issues and champion of future enhancements
- Collaborate with peer(s) across other regions and markets to share best practices and form a global community for consistency and improvement
- Ensure trade compliance of product (materials and finished goods) imported and exported out of distribution sites
- Report and maintain key performance indicators (Key Performance Indicators) in a manner that is consistent across the company
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives and implement distribution network design improvements to meet current and future sales channel requirements
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including Order Management and Demand/Supply Planning to ensure agreed upon service levels are being met and issues are being resolved in a timely manner
Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Third party logistics management experience
- Effective communication, collaboration, negotiation, leadership, coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Experience in project management and leading high level projects is required, including contract negotiation and RFQ development
- Experience in international logistics and customs compliance is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with apparel/textiles, vehicles, aftermarket service parts industries is strongly preferred
Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
The pay range shown represents the national average pay range for this role. Your pay may be more or less than the stated range and is dependent on your geographic location and level of experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: No
Travel Required: 0 - 10%
Pay Range: 86000 - 128000
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Your application has been successfully submitted.