Global Trade Compliance Specialist III
Full Job Description
The Global Trade Compliance (GTC) Specialist is crucial for promoting seamless imports and exports by Thermo Fisher businesses, including adherence to all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. laws and regulations and with Thermo Fisher policies!!!
Our efforts are undertaken through training, consultation and providing mentorship to employees combined with assessments and audits of international trade practices of Thermo Fisher businesses.
Agencies with whom the GTC Specialist may interface include, but are not limited to, the U.S. Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and its Census Bureau, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), the U.S. State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), as well as non-U.S. competent authorities (e.g., HMRC).
What will I Do?
- Participates in and performs training activities pertaining to regulations (e.g., related to classification of goods, software, and technology; embargoed and of concern countries; license applications; denied parties screening; completion of documents; etc.) as well as performing transactional activities for the above areas.
- Responsibility for supporting the GTC Manager in assessing and auditing sites for import and export compliance and assist in resolving and implementing corrective actions where vital
- Provides assistance to business units and works with Group and Divisional Legal counsel to resolve trade compliance matters (e.g., government audits, notices of possible violations) when required by GTC Manager.
- Coordinates with other GTC team members on activities as required (e.g., on uniform process development, transfer pricing review for risk evaluation, review of products/services subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), management of service providers).
How Will I get here?
- 3+ years of experience in global trade compliance focused on export.
- Some college or equivalent experience in export.
- Basic digital literacy such as proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to support the operation in its daily functions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, involving cross business functionality.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Technical or scientific background.
- Experience in logistics.
- Experience in auditing.
- Experience in delivering training
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has an outstanding story to tell. Join our mission of enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply Today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Your application has been successfully submitted.