Import Compliance Analyst (Space Project Kuiper)
Full Job Description
• 3+ years of relevant experience with US Import Customs. • 3+ years of relevant experience with engaging customs brokers and handling import transactions end to end from shipment start to entry filing and record maintenance. • 3+ years of relevant experience with advanced Excel and ERP systems (preferably SAP) and ability to interpret data. • 3+ years of relevant experience in auditing customs transactions both self-assessments and responding to external audits. • 3+ years of relevant experience in industry and/or academia.
Have you ever wanted to be part of a team who is building industry changing technology? Amazon’s Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband network connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Are you looking to create value for millions of customers by helping to develop creative assets for Kuiper? Do you want to work at a company where you are the owner, where you are encouraged to build, and where you have the autonomy to push boundaries? Do you have a passion for design and a desire to bring delightful, cutting-edge products and services to life in an entirely new way? This describes your daily journey. Are you ready? Then join us on Project Kuiper.
Do you get excited by aerospace, space exploration, and/or satellites? Do you want to help build solutions at Project Kuiper to transform the space industry? If so, then we would love to talk!
Key job responsibilities
- Manage import customs compliance for Kuiper imports including, but not limited to, harmonized tariff classifications, country of origin determination, product valuation reporting, import license applications, ACE reporting
- Review import documents for accuracy and completeness
- Support Kuiper’s customs brokers with necessary data to enable entry filing for Kuiper
- Monitor entry status of imports and provide updates to concerned departments of any holds or delays
- Take action to respond timely and compliantly to import holds (e.g., CBP / PGA holds)
- Upload and maintain electronic import files in record retention repository for audit purposes
- HTS classification for Kuiper imports, maintenance of items database in ERP system, support to HTS challenges, work with direct manager and Legal on classification rulings as required
- Analyze customs tariffs & duty rates
- Maintain Kuiper customs compliance work instructions and SOPs, manage document revisions and support the continuous process improvement of Kuiper’s customs compliance program
- Follow the customs compliance internal controls program to ensure compliance with foreign regulations governing imports
- Keep and communicate metrics of imports including transit time, compliance accuracy, cost, customs broker performance and relevant data for Kuiper’s leadership
- Conduct self-assessments (compliance audits) and implement necessary corrective actions
- Provide compliance training to new employees and cross-functional teams and keep training records
- Analyze and interpret US import regulations and keep abreast of changes
- Collaborate with supply chain, procurement, finance, tax and engineering functions as required
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Amazon has ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious and earn trust. At Amazon, our mission is to be the most customer-centric company on Earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer-centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space-based systems design and wireless systems.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
About the team
The Import Compliance Analyst has the primary responsibility of ensuring Kuiper’s Compliance with US laws and regulations. Reporting to the Senior Global Customs Operations PM, the Import Compliance Analyst will promote the sustainability and longevity of Kuiper’s customs compliance program by developing and implementing guidelines and procedures for customs compliance policy, and coordinating activities involved in daily import transactions including, but not limited to, harmonized tariff classifications, country of origin determination, product valuation reporting, import license applications, ACE reporting, dealing with exception shipments, handling free trade agreements, among others.
As a critical member of our Global Trade & Compliance Team, the Import Compliance Analyst interfaces with internal and external customers, customs brokers, government officers and other functional areas to ensure compliance and coordination of imports. The Import Compliance Analyst will also identify improvement opportunities and assist with projects to support Global Trade & Compliance initiatives.
• US Customs Broker's License is considered a plus. • Knowledge of PGA's Regulations in the Aerospace industry is considered a plus. • Be comfortable with ambiguity and curious to learn new skills. • Experience working in start-up mode building or supporting the compliance program from the ground up. • A curious self-starter with a proven track record of diving into unknown territory, learning new concepts, and pushing your comfort zone. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.