Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
Trade Compliance Specialist
What You'll Be Doing:
This position ensures compliance with applicable regional, local, and U.S. export and import control laws and regulations concerning the movement of goods and services across borders, in order to protect Arrow from fines, penalties and publicity resulting from violations. Will primarily support imports.
- Provides import and export clearance support for inbound and outbound shipments and may direct external freight forwarders, brokers, and couriers and internal shipping/transportation staff on clearance instructions.
- Provide shipment clearance instructions on import and export transactions to internal and external contacts.
- Design and implement solutions for business projects, including customer & supplier supply chain support, and for internal compliance matters.
- Support system migrations and software integrations for trade management & compliance requirements.
- Manage metrics reporting process, including analysis of data and recommendations to management
- Monitor and report on the activities of carriers and brokers with regards to import/export processes and execution.
- Analyze carrier and broker reporting to identify deviations from SOP requirements.
- Work directly with Transportation Import/Export Manager to develop and implement process improvements to ensure compliance with import/export regulatory requirements.
- Monitor, record, analyze and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations related to import/export activities.
- Reviews valuation, country of origin and product related information obtained for accuracy
- Monitors, escalates, and resolves Agent-filer service failures.
- Operates in accordance with standard operating procedures. Recommends updates to processes and tools to accommodate compliant and facilitative goods flow.
- Manage and maintain HTS & ECCN classification of products for US import/export purposes
- Develop internal customs documentation audit program
- Define and maintain Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ) required tasks including all required inventory reporting and customs documentation oversight
- Communicate effectively with management, clients, colleagues, and vendors
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate problems related to US import/export compliance to find proper solutions on an ongoing basis
- Develop & Manage Key Performance Indicators for Logistics Brokerage Providers
- Manage broker, duty/tax related payment processes
What Are We Looking For?
- Data analysis skills: Ability to analyze complex data and turn it into actionable information
- Business acumen
- Collaboration and teamwork across multiple functions and global sites
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Systems thinking
- Process management / process improvement
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Solid computer skills - including Microsoft Office Applications other Logistics Inventory Systems and
- Strong analytical and statistical skills with ability to use data to influence and make decisions
- Knowledge of the Customs Compliance Regulations (domestic/global import/export and application of export/import trade regulations
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to respond efficiently and effectively to time-critical issues with competing / conflicting priorities.
- Detailed and task-oriented self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a remote team environment
- Excellent customer relationship/interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to adapt to change
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4-year degree and 2-4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience. Will consider a candidate with experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have import knowledge and experience
- Auditing and ACE (Automated Commercial Environment) experience needed
- Effective communication and time management skills
What's In It For You?
At Arrow, we recognize that financial rewards and great benefits are important aspects of an ideal job. That's why we offer competitive financial compensation, including various compensation plans, and a solid benefits package.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$62,200.00 - $90,200.00
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-CO-Denver, Colorado (Panorama Arrow Building)
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires new employees in the United States to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to beginning work, except where prohibited by law. This requirement may not apply to supply-chain service employees assigned to work at a light industrial facility, warehouse, distribution center, or in-plant store, who are instead subject to location-specific safety requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.