Sr. Global Customs Lead, Export- Remote
Full Job Description
Start Here & Go Anywhere.
Innovate & Excel.
Join Our Team & Change Our World.
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an Aerospace and Defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
To realize our full potential, Raytheon Technologies is committed to creating a company where all employees are respected, valued and supported in the pursuit of their goals. We know companies that embrace diversity in all its forms not only deliver stronger business results, but also become a force for good, fueling stronger business performance and greater opportunity for employees, partners, and investors.
The following position is to join our Corporate or Research Center Team:
Position: Sr. Global Customs Lead, Export
The Defense Global Customs Organization is looking for a professional with experience executing Customs compliance and operations work in an exporter/importer environment (preferred) or experience with Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding, Department of State & Commerce Licensing, policy, or government relations field in Customs Brokerage to fill the role of Sr. Global Customs Lead, Export. This position will plan, organize, and implement day-to-day export transactions to achieve targeted results in a fast paced and challenging environment. This person must be a team player who is willing to learn and adapt to the company’s business needs. This role serves as an export declaration primary point of contact for one or more businesses.
The Sr. Global Customs Lead, Export, reports to the Export Supervisor and matrix-reports to the Sr. Operations Manager.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures compliant and timely submission of export declaration filings
- Translates regulatory declaration requirements into comprehensive easy-to-understand consultative guidance in order to ensure compliance and facilitate shipment execution.
- Lead role for processing & support of Classified Export transactions
- Oversee compliance activities related to Customs filings
- Works with internal programs and function; Global Trade, Shipping, Receiving, International Logistics, Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders
- Reviews valuation, country of origin and product related information obtained for accuracy
- Generates the required documentation necessary for Export SLI instructions using SAP-based and other systems
- Management of customer expectations through collaboration, complete record keeping packages, and management of licensing requirements.
- Assesses the accuracy of documentation provided by Freight forwarders
- Monitors, escalates, and resolves Agent-filer service failures.
- Operates in accordance with standard operating procedures. Recommends updates to processes and tools to accommodate compliant and facilitative goods flow.
- Represents the organization as primary contact for export declaration filings with internal customers and third-party service providers
- Knowledge of the Customs Compliance Regulations (domestic/global import/export and application of export/import trade regulations
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to respond efficiently and effectively to time-critical issues with competing / conflicting priorities.
- Detailed and task-oriented self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a remote team environment
- Excellent customer relationship/interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to adapt to change
- Licensed Customs Broker
- Empowered Official Designation
- Experience working with Classified shipments, Transportation Plans &/or NOC’s
- Supervise/Lead Staff related to compliance activities
- Microsoft Office applications, SAP based systems, ITCS, RGEMS
- Familiar with ACE, HTS, export/import valuation, ITAR/EAR regulation familiarity
- Other Government Agency requirements such as FDA, EPA, DDTC and Free Trade Agreements.
- Familiar with ABI, DDTC, HTS, export/import valuation, Other Government Agency requirements, Free Trade Agreements and CBP processes, U.S. Government export regulations to generate compliant export declaration filings (EEI filings)/import declaration filings (BEI).
Required Education and Experience:
- This role typically requires a bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years’ experience gained executing Customs Compliance and Operations work in an Exporter/importer environment or Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding, Department of State & Commerce Licensing, policy, or government relations setting OR a master’s degree and 3 years.
Desired Education /Certification
- Licensed Customs Broker Certification and/or master’s degree
US Citizenship Required:
- This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
Location: Remote, this position is remote however may also be hybrid based in Tucson AZ, Dallas TX or Boston MA
Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
TO BE CONSIDERERD FOR REMOTE ROLES CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCATED IN THE CONUS
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.