International Trade Compliance Analyst II - Multiple Locations, Hybrid Remote
Full Job Description
Because this role involves a combination of collaborative/in-person and independent work, it will take the form of a hybrid work format, with split time between working on site and remotely.
Position can be filled at any of the following locations: Fort Wayne, IN; Nashua, NH; Wayne, NJ; Greenlawn, NY; Endicott, NY; Austin, TX; Arlington, VA; Reston, VA.
You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Develop your career and grow your skills in a high intensity, team‐based environment with a winning culture that provides an opportunity to collaborate daily with a variety of departments and functional organizations. As an International Trade Compliance Import/Export Analyst, you will assist your ITC team members with international business opportunities in concert with internal objectives. Work products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from your program office team to Contacts and Business Development. BAE Systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively influence the internal and external community in which we work.
The selected candidate will be a part of the International Trade Compliance team supporting and executing the export licenses and agreements of international activities in concert with company policies and customer requirements with guidance from manager or team members. Interpret and communicate export regulations and export strategies to the program team and management. Position requires knowledge of ITAR and EAR laws and regulations. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with internal and external customers.
1. Individual will be responsible for administration of ITAR and EAR license applications, technical assistance agreements, Exemptions and Exceptions. Coordinate Exports and Imports in accordance with BAE Systems policy and U.S. Government export regulations and laws.
2. Prepares, submits and administers export license applications, technical assistance agreements, and other required Export/Import authorizations.
3. Coordinates with program personnel to obtain export/import application information, reviews provisos/riders on licenses and agreements to ensure business and customer requirements can be met by the license or agreement. Continued license and agreement management. Ensure that positive provisos/riders are addressed.
4. Approves foreign travel and foreign visitors.
5. Participates in the investigation of any aspect of proposed export or temporary export by the Company to verify the legality of any transactions and the accuracy of the information to be submitted.
6. Participates in the development and presentation of export related training materials.
7. Provides BAE Systems and/or government agencies with any required assistance or information needed during the review of a license application.
8. Maintains export related record keeping functions for the Company as required by law.
9. Participates in conducting internal compliance audits on a periodic basis.
10. Maintains export licensing records in EMS (OCR EASE) and/or other databases used for storing and tracking BAE Systems export licensing history and other reviews/approvals. When requested, prepares and distributes periodic reports on licensing status for use by Company personnel.
11. Position to include air travel to various export conferences and required training.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Individual must have knowledge of the current Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), (USML Category XII) and Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Applicant must be detail oriented, have good writing skills, and have good organization/communication skills.
- Ideal candidate would have 2-4 years experience in a related field.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with OCR, EASE, Global Trade Management Software
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At BAE Systems, we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where employees are valued and feel like they belong. We are conscious of the need for all employees to see themselves reflected at every level of the company and know that in order to unlock the full potential of our workforce, everyone must feel confident being their best, most sincere self and be equipped to thrive. We provide impactful professional development experiences to our employees and invest in social impact partnerships to uplift communities and drive purposeful change. Here you will find significant opportunities to do meaningful work in an environment intentionally designed to be one where you will learn, grow and belong.
Your application has been successfully submitted.