Americas Senior Import/Export Analyst - Hybrid remote
Full Job Description
- Assist with the development, and implementation of policies and procedures concerning international trade laws and principles.
- Identify and implement trade compliance process improvements
- Create and deliver training to internal stakeholders
- Identify potential compliance risks and errors; apply short-term and long-term mitigation strategies in both import and export compliance
- Assist with preparation of key process indicators, conduct root-cause analysis, and close any identified process gaps.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to support projects that support Illumina’s business and global trade compliance.
- Manage relationships with Americas Freight Forwarders regarding export and import compliance by holding quarterly business reviews and reviewing standard operating procedures.
- Provide oversight for 3rd party service providers to assure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures in support of Illumina’s Americas trade compliance.
- Review and screen Illumina business partners against lists of Parties of Concern (e.g., Denied Persons List, Entity List, Military End User List etc.) conduct additional ad-hoc screening as needed.
- Prepare and file CCATS with BIS in partnership with Illumina’s global classification subject matter expert.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred (equivalent work experience will be considered)
- 5 –8 years international trade compliance experience with a focus on export compliance and logistics
- Licensed customs broker preferred
- Strong working knowledge of US Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Customs Duties Regulations, 15 CFR and 19 CFR
- Strong subject matter expertise in core trade compliance areas including country of origin, valuation, and classification
- Ability to communicate effectively to diverse groups involved in the import/export process, including Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Sales, and Legal.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly manipulate data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment
- Experience with internal and external customs audits
- Knowledge of ECCN classification with emphasis to Encryption goods and chemical goods
- Solid understanding of and experience interpreting Participating Government Agency requirements (BIS, USDA, FDA, EPA, DEA)
- Experience with GTS and license creation within the GTS system
- Experience with ACE and ACE portal reporting capabilities
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and Tableau.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $72,000 - $108,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, an individual’s qualifications, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all employees are eligible for one of our variable cash programs (bonus or commission) and eligible roles may receive equity as part of the compensation package. We offer a wide range of benefits as innovative as our work, including access to genomics sequencing, family planning, health/dental/vision, retirement benefits, and paid time off.
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Your application has been successfully submitted.