Full Job Description
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare documentation, dock receipts, bills of lading, export declarations.
- File SED’s (Shippers Export Declarations)
- Track and trace cargo as necessary to insure proper movement and delivery.
- Provide accounting department with proper and correct billing information.
- Communicate with clients regarding disposition of Freight (i.e. tracking & tracing, routing & dispatching, and rate quotations).
- Communicate with vendors/suppliers regarding shipment dispatch, routing, pricing, and rates.
- Communicate & correspond with other Company branches and agents for client satisfaction, and ensure excellent service execution.
- Seek the most profitable mode of shipment, yet meet client’s requirement for the movement of freight.
- Other duties as assigned
Other Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the Import/Export industry preferred.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate (verbally and intuitively) effectively with both clients and internal personnel.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be career-oriented, hard-working, quick learner and have excellent recall for past events/situations/numbers.
- Strong knowledge of personal computers
- Position may require extended periods of sitting, computer use, standing and walking.
- Some light lifting may be required in some instances
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 4 years related experience.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Professional certification may be required in some areas.
MUST COMPLETE PI ASSESSMENT IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION:
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR CRANE?
At Crane, we believe in providing our employees with excellent benefits at a Great Place to Work.
- 136 hours of Paid Time Off which equals 17 days for the year, that can be used for Sick Time or for Personal Use
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement for education related to your job
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Employee Recognition and Rewards Program
- Paid Volunteer Time to support a cause that is close to your heart and contributes to our communities
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Incentives that can go up to $100 per year for completing challenges, in addition to a discount on contribution rates
- Potential to earn a strong commission based on your sales ability
Come join the leader in logistics and take your career in the right direction.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass an E-Verify Check.
More Information: http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify
Company benefits are contingent upon meeting eligibility requirements and plan conditions.
We are preparing to comply with the Biden Administration's mandate on COVID-19 vaccination. Please be advised that employment with the Company may be contingent upon your ability to provide proof of vaccination except in limited circumstances where you are eligible for a legal accommodation.
- High School or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Your application has been successfully submitted.