International Shipping Coordinator
Full Job Description
- International Shipping Coordinator is responsible for the total life cycle of the shipment: packaging orders, communicating with freight forwarder, processing orders in the WMS, and tracking order statusVerify orders picked to ensure quantities and items are correct.
- Ensure high levels of accuracy on required international shipment documentation.
- Efficiently ship out international orders on a timely basis – Dangerous Goods experience is preferred.
- Coordinate with assigned Freight Forwarders to optimize economical transportation modes while meeting required delivery date.
- Accountable to assess and recommend improvements for shipping processes to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Assist with the development and implementation of warehouse optimization processes including product addressing and bar coding to improve efficiency in the material handling processes.
- Provide recommendations for an outbound product movement on a global level.
- Troubleshoot shipping issues to support superior customer service.
- Working knowledge of LTL, Air, Small Parcel and Ocean transport
- Knowledge and experience with Customs Regulations, ITAR, Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Dangerous Goods.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Update and maintain daily logs, tracking systems and KPIs
- Assist in providing resolution to shipping/customer issues
- Communicate/Interact w/ sales and customer service regarding order status, shipping, follow-ups and issues
- Participate in company initiatives such as 5s, Quick Kaizens, and Safety Awareness
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Not a remote position, must be able to work onsite.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong written communication skills
- 2+ years of applicable experience in a shipping or warehouse environment.
- Experience shipping across multiple-modes of transportation; ground, air, rail, cargo (import/export)
- Proven success coordinating outbound shipments for pick-up with carriers
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- As this position serves as a key member of our Supply Chain, Operations, and Distribution Center Team; ability to stand for upwards of 8 hours a day; as well as lift, carry, move packages and materials up-to-50 lbs. on a regular basis, with or without special accommodations is required
Watts is committed to equal employment opportunity. We follow a policy of administering all employment decisions and personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic disposition or carrier status, marital status, military or veteran status, minorities, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the obligations of state and federal law, Watts will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Any employee who needs a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.
Your application has been successfully submitted.