Global Logistics Lead - Hybrid Remote
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Global Logistics Lead to join our global supply chain operations on a permanent basis. This is role is based out of Morton Grove, IL and will have to be onsite 3 days a week.
In the role of Global Logistics Lead you will be part of the global supply chain center of excellence team. You will have the objective to centralize logistics processes and procedures across our global operations and ensure our supply chain is efficient and effective.
You will consistently control and drive logistics costs down and manage multiple projects to improve delivery lead times to our customers.
This opportunity would be ideally positioned for someone who has experience designing or has operated within a centralized global manufacturing supply chain operation who is keen to use their experience to influence the decentralization of our operations into a centralized model. The opportunity to significantly influence how we redesign and implement change across our global supply chain operations will be the rare opportunity to create a legacy of how our supply chain operations evolve.
It is important to note, you’ll be joining a team of experts, who are focused on adding real value to every aspect of our supply chain operations, you will have lots of opportunity for involvement, Global exposure to senior members regional employees and opportunity to forge collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Track global freight and duty spend and support finance in enhancing better predictability in forecasting costs year on year (YOY)
- Reports spikes in spend and route cause
- Maintain Metrics and produce management reports and analysis
- Lead and work with regional operations and finance teams in EMEA, APAC and Americas to optimize lead times and ensure cost controls on freight and duty
- Support corporate global procurement and trade compliance initiatives, Lead cost avoidance and cost savings programs and build a playbook of such programs YOY with a view to drive costs down
- Interface and be the key contact and touchpoint between corporate and John Crane and deploy corporate initiatives within the John Crane Business
- Interface with 3rd party logistics and customs brokerage providers driving productivity and key performance indicators and resolve any arising issues
- Review various financial systems with an aim to bring them into alignment and route cause data inaccuracies
- Roll out and lead key initiatives such as Broker and Freight Forwarder policies and INCO term compliance guidelines across the global operation and create new policy and procedures relating to Logistics
- Lead various supply chain and operational programs and lead logistics and support trade compliance process improvements projects as and when needs arise
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- 7+ years of work experience in logistics, preferable existing experience working for a manufacturing company.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills and proficient in MS office.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Qualification in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Trade Compliance experience preferable and/or willingness to learn in this space.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products, including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Your application has been successfully submitted.