Vice President of Supply Chain
Full Job Description
Our supply chain truly differentiates PENA as we transform and provide our customers a competitive advantage. To achieve this objective, we are seeking a high-performing Vice President of Supply Chain to design and launch our “green field” supply chain operations at our recently announced Kansas Manufacturing Plant. Serving as a member of the Kansas site Executive Management Team, this new and highly visible role will report directly into the CEO. The position will be located at the Astra Enterprise Park site in De Soto, Kansas.
This leader is responsible for building, leading and inspiring the Kansas Supply Chain Team to develop a resilient supply chain that delivers operational excellence, strategy execution, and customer delight across all supply chain functions. Primary functional leadership responsibilities include supply planning, procurement, international and domestic transportation, warehousing, import/export trade compliance, free trade zone administration, inventory control/optimization, order management, route optimization, 3PL management, bid and contract management, customer program support and overall operational compliance. This leader will build a best-in-class customer focused operations team through utilization of a lean management philosophy and driven by data-based decisions through KPI management, voice of customer and continuous improvement.
Strategic Supply Chain Management
- Establish and execute short-term and long-term strategy to optimize end-to-end supply chain operations and network design through an understanding of industry best practices
- Create robust risk management practices throughout the supply chain organization — ensuring that agility, visibility and resilience are built to enable efficient, resilient and adaptable supply chain operations that ensure 100% manufacturing throughput is maintained without disruption
- Develop an engaging talent-management program to attract and retain top supply chain talent that infuses this start-up with professional and experienced talent
- Deploy modern supply chain tools to optimize inventory, provide real-time supply chain visibility while ensuring digital investments return a positive ROI that support the business ambition
- In collaboration with Business Transformation team and IT, develop and implement supply chain operations processes and next gen systems (S&OP, WMS, TMS, track/trace, etc.) to support continuous improvement efforts and drive operational efficiencies.
- Lead/Chair supply chain performance review and approval meetings that set
KPI objectives and performance standards with Business Unit Heads, Sales, Product Management, Finance and Operations.
- Develop, present and execute action plans to support achievement of agreed commitments and optimization projects that continuously improve PENA quality, cost, and reliability
- Analyze and evaluate logistics operations plan for compliance information and business gaps effecting inventory and sales. Propose alternative solutions to business units for continuous improvement toward P/L, cost savings and revenue.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Global Logistics Division and Japan-based business units to support global logistics objectives.
- Create and implement a customer focused supply chain operation that promotes a positive customer experience and delivers business efficiencies in line with profit, revenue and cost savings goals.
- Transform supplier, 3PL and SRM strategies with outsourced partners and labor providers to maximize value added services provided to internal and external customers
- Develop and implement business-to-business operational strategies and streamlined efficient processes for channel and direct sales for both product and integrated solutions including software and recurring revenue services.
- Drive data-based decision making for continuous improvement of customer operations through KPI management and lean six sigma practice.
- Create and implement a high-performance culture within Kansas Supply Chain Organization
- Lead by example and promote a customer focused, results driven and accountable team.
- Provide Supply Chain functional expertise to guide and advise management of all supply chain functions
- Develop talent to ensure career pathing continuously infuses supply chain operations with industry leading supply chain practices and operational improvements
- Promote employee development through training, project opportunities for skills expansion, and individual development plans for all team members.
Supply Chain Function Management
- Oversee supply chain planning and order management team with the challenge of maintaining optimized inventory levels that contain cost risks while ensuring supply
- Manage procurement operations to include both direct and indirect materials
- Partner with global procurement teams to enhance supplier base, shorten the supply chain, and expand North American supply position
- Establish and lead the logistics function to optimize transportation, warehousing, trade/customs compliance, FTZ, and dock operations to ensure uninterrupted physical flow of materials
- Serve as Executive Account leader for all transportation and warehousing vendors, 3PLs, and partners
- Provide Executive escalation support for all logistics related matters to resolve issues by removing obstacles
- Develop robust Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program drive supplier performance
- Lead import/export trade and customs compliance team to ensure full compliance to all governmental duty, tariff, FTZ, and CTPAT requirements
- Create and deliver continuous improvement roadmap to optimize the transportation function
Compliance & Governance
- Promotes operational compliance across all supply chain functions.
- Lead all operational compliance initiatives and drives entire organization to maintain compliance with respect to SOX and laws.
- Develops and implements all audit remediation plans and manages team for adherence to plans
- Collaborate with risk management, audit, legal and finance to ensure all logistics and operational processes are created and implement with respect to compliance.
- Oversee the trade/customs compliance team to ensure full compliance to all governmental and company requirements while minimizing customs/tariff exposure through consistent monitoring of HTS codes and policy changes
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
- Basic/Required: BA/BS in Supply Chain, Logistics or related area
- Preferred: MBA a plus
- 15+ years managing Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics and Operations teams
- Lean Continuous Improvement Experience Required, Six Sigma certifications a plus
- ASCM/APICS Certifications, PMP Certifications a plus
- Technology or Electronics industry experience
- Operational transformation experience including ERP and SCM Systems implementations
- Strong executive presence
- Innovative and collaborative to drive organizational change
- Benchmark key performance metrics and processes against industry and market leaders; aim for best-in-class performance in key areas
- Strategic thinking and analysis capabilities including identifying risks and opportunities.
- Proven negotiation capability
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Experience managing large, complex projects within a global organization
- Data analytical skills to drive decision making
- Ability to solve complex problems and propose alternative solutions
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization as well as externally to customers & suppliers
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with Japanese colleagues and business leaders
- Collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Travel 30%
Physical Activities: (Percentage of time (equaling 100%) during the normal workday the employee is required to)
- Sit: 40%
- Walk: 30%
- Stand: 20%
- Lift: 10%
Required Lifting and Carrying: (Required frequency is: Not required (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%, Continuous (67-100%)
- Up to 10 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 20 lbs.: Occasional
- Up to 35 lbs.: Occasional
- Team-lift only (over 35 lbs.): Not Required
Your application has been successfully submitted.