Lead, Subcontracts - Remote
Full Job Description
Job Title: Lead, Subcontracts
Job Code: L5
Job Location: Chesapeake, VA or Remote
Under general supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, the Lead, Subcontracts is responsible to negotiate, place and administer major subcontracts and procurements. In this role you will work with Program Management, Engineering, Operations, and Quality to develop procurement specifications and statements of work as well as prepare RFPs and lead source selection teams when evaluating potential and competed suppliers.
- Develop subcontractor RFPs/RFQs in compliance with company policy, FAR/DFARS, agency supplements, and customer solicitation requirements
- Support production requirements and material estimating functions in overseeing or obtaining subcontractor cost proposals in support of customer proposals, production requirements, or make vs. buy analyses in accordance with FAR and DFARS requirements. This entails participating as a key team member during the proposal development process by providing guidance relevant to subcontract requirements, negotiating advanced pricing agreements, auditing, and qualifying suppliers and subcontractors and establishing performance measurement criteria in alignment with company policies and goals.
- Oversees or establishes and administers procurement subcontracts for critical high-dollar, complex hardware and documents the file to meet Government requirements by performing and documenting a detailed price/cost analysis to justify each procurement in accordance with company policies and procedures as well as the FAR and DFARS from development through close-out.
- Negotiate major subcontracts with selected suppliers, evaluate proposals and cost data, and take a leadership role in Subcontract Integrated Product Team (IPT) environments.
- Provide adequate cost and pricing analysis support for each subcontract. Ensure compliance with all Government, customer and corporate requirements, including, but not limited to, FAR, DFARS and appropriate certifications.
- Coordinate completion and close out of all subcontracts ensuring full compliance with all requirements.
- Ensure subcontract compliance with Public Laws, Corporate policies, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS/DPAS), and ITAR and import/export requirements. Responsible for the implementation of contractual changes and modification flowed down from the Contracts Department.
- Maintain productive relations with all suppliers, even under challenging conditions. Make periodic visits and/or perform surveillance and/or drive improvement plans at suppliers to validate Subcontract Compliance and Performance to Plan through active review of leading performance indicators, and timely report of status to Program Management and Engineering. Seek out and recommend appropriate Corrective/ Mitigating Action(s) when necessary, and new sources of supply when necessary.
- Effectively maintain subcontractor scorecards through actively leading in an IPT environment
- Maintain effective communication with all Departments with regard to cost of materials, delivery status and progress, cost reduction proposals, technical problems and solutions, and all other issues affecting the continuity of material and/or services supply.
- Provide leadership role on Cost Reduction teams and in support of Value Analysis efforts. Seek out, propose and execute cost improvement wherever possible. Keep Subcontracts Manager informed of major procurement cost and schedule issues.
- Conduct all actions in a professional and ethical manner. Perform all duties within parameters of the Department Procedures.
- Determine the appropriate selection and issuance of fixed price, time and materials, labor hours and cost-type subcontract agreements and/or purchase orders.
- Collaborate with the program the coordination of process validation, first article inspections as well as prototype and production schedule.
- Work in collaboration with the IPT team the coordination of early supplier involvement in highly technical and/or complex new products, systems, services, parts and designs to optimize quality and meet schedule.
- Contribute key data records to support Contractor Purchasing Systems Reviews (CPSR) and other Government, Customer and/or corporate audits.
- Oversee the management of subcontractors to meet all subcontract requirements including but not limited to management of Subcontract Data Related Lines items (SDRLs), financial obligations and mitigating cost overruns, schedule, technical and quality requirements.
- Measure the effectiveness and performance of subcontractors across the business based on active review and assessment of technical, schedule, quality, proposal and management performance.
- Responsible for the reporting of subcontractor’s performance utilizing the monthly Supplier Rating System.
- Perform risk assessment, identify potential risks and impacts, and develop mitigation plans.
- Participate in source selection process and the development of cost proposal during new business pursuit working collaboratively with Program Management, Contracts and team leaders.
- Works with the SBLO to develop and maintain Small/Disadvantaged business sources when applicable.
- Coordinates with other L3Harris companies for inter and intra company procurement to meet contractual requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years relevant experience in Supply Chain or Procurement Role (military specifications, off the shelf, make to print)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM Certificate) or similar preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of FAR/DFARS Government Procurement regulations
- Advanced working knowledge of CPSR Government audit requirements
- Position could require up to 30% domestic travel
- Demonstrated ability work in cross-functional settings with Engineering, Planning, Programs, and Quality.
- Advanced knowledge of negotiations, price and or cost analysis, and the development of new suppliers that meet Government Requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of Manufacturing Quality Systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITAR laws, rules, and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting technical scopes and requisitions to facilitate purchase
- Demonstrated ability engage in Supplier Management Initiatives (supplier performance, etc.)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- International Subcontracting experience.
- Import/Export compliance experience.
- MRP system experience (PeopleSoft).
- Experience in buying metal fabricated parts is desired.
- Ability to follow through with work assignments and show dedication to producing work of the highest quality.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Negotiation and follow up skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.