TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the GLC Team
Our Global Legal Compliance team provides key support for all of TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global markets. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright, and capable legal/compliance professionals to join us.
We are looking for a Compliance Counsel to join our Global Legal Compliance team. We are seeking an experienced compliance attorney with direct experience in anti-corruption/anti-bribery, third party risk management, diligence best practices, investigations, and data driven compliance solutions. The ideal candidate is willing to work in a fast-paced, global environment with cross-functional teams in different time zones, and enjoys the challenges and opportunities of novel issues across a variety of jurisdictions.
Some key day-to-day responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advise and manage key compliance projects in areas of anti-corruption/anti-bribery, trade compliance, and anti-money laundering globally, including M&A diligence expertise.
- Provide legal counsel on requests from internal stakeholders on aforementioned global compliance topics.
- Manage, enhance and implement compliance policies and procedures.
- Conduct compliance investigations jointly, or independently where necessary, including evidence collection, data analysis, and witness interviews.
- Develop an enhanced Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) program, as well as assist with compliance due diligence in mergers & acquisitions.
- Develop strategic approach to compliance training and company-wide communications regarding compliance.
- Conduct training and implement communications plans to increase compliance awareness.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with multiple business verticals, including Procurement, Internal Audit, Global Payments, Product, Ethics Office and regional Legal teams, to drive compliance initiatives and address legal compliance risks related to business initiatives and product launches.
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a masters/JD degree in a common law jurisdiction from an accredited university is required.
- Qualified to practice law in the U.S..
- 5+ years of legal compliance experience with a preferred combination of law firm and in-house experience.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Possess the highest standard of ethics and a positive attitude in learning and willing to pick up new knowledge and skills.
- Able to work well independently and in team environments.
- A confident self-starter with strong interpersonal and organizational skills, yet with creative mind, and demonstrate the ability to effectively and proactively exercise good judgment and partner with the business in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to travel and work in different time zones.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at Recruiting.Corp@tiktok.com.
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $121700 - $228000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.