Division Freight & Logistics Manager
Administer all aspects of the “Divisional Logistics Management Program” for the Trailer Commercial Vehicle Systems Division. Responsible for the development and management of logistics policies and systems, Trade Compliance, returnable container management, outsourced logistics offerings (at present Ryder Integrated Logistics) or an internal equivalent, optimization of supply chain inventory, and the development of financial reporting and performance metrics.
- Provide divisional logistics support in terms of developing logistics policies and tactics to minimize the cost of moving production related raw materials into and between plants as well as to optimize total supply chain inventory. Provide same for new business unit launches and other new programs/initiatives.
- Work with third party logistics provider to oversee the proper implementation of Division logistics policies, analyze supply chain, select proper freight modes and carriers to optimize Hendrickson supply chain and lower plant inventory days on hand and to provide utmost value with lowest management cost.
- Work with third party logistics provider to create financial reports and freight metrics which allow Hendrickson to measure our current costs and predict future costs for budget and analytical purposes. Administer carrier loss and damage claims.
- Develop and manage divisional programs applicable to imports and exports. Manage and ensure ongoing compliance to applicable trade compliance systems with an emphasis in USMCA, Rules and Regulations.
- Develop divisional level transportation policies and procedures supportive of achieving and maintaining a fully integrated divisional logistics concept.
- Analyze the divisional freight expenditures and formulate improvement programs supportive of achieving divisional freight cost saving objectives.
- Work with global suppliers to orchestrate ocean/rail freight and routings to ensure on time delivery of production components.
- Work with corporate IT group to translate above policies into KBM and QAD ERP solutions, develop training manuals and a training regimen for the plants. Take Ryder procured rates and plant trade compliance tables enter them into QAD TMS to drive the freight management and customs documentation processes.
- Management of returnable dunnage program and any inbound and outbound packaging that could affect overall internal and external freight costs. Maintain accurate monthly plant and supplier counts and balance usage of containers as needed.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Logistics or distribution management major is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in all aspects of logistics management (e.g. Trade Compliance, imports/exports, transportation management, 3rd party logistics management)
- 5+ years direct involvement in all aspects of Materials and/or Enterprise Resource management
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite of products with special emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of QAD or Precision ERP and TMS software a plus.
- Frequent sitting, work at computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to travel moderately
- Office setting.
- Minimal exposure to R&D lab and manufacturing setting.
- Sound decision making skills and keen analytical skills
- This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management’s sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Your application has been successfully submitted.