If you are a supply chain professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you. As the Commodity Manager you will be responsible for establishing contracts and ensuring the efficient supply of commodities or commodity groups. You will have full responsibility for their commodities and will report into the Sr. Commodity Manager. The position will interact with numerous suppliers and functions within the Fisher Flow Controls Organization. We look forward to seeing your application!
AS A COMMODITY MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Establish relationships within supply base to ensure performance metrics are being met to Emerson’s goals
- Performance metrics could include safety, on time delivery, lead time, and quality.
- Work systematically and expertly in a well-documented manner in accordance with the company rules and procedures including adherence to trade compliance (export / import and supply chain security) regulations entirely.
- Optimize costs through effective use of tools and strategic sourcing processes while meeting engineering, quality, and product management specifications and requirements.
- Negotiate price, delivery, payment terms, stocking programs and other terms related to supply in compliance with Emerson standard terms and conditions with suppliers. Ensure contract availability and validity.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Four year technical or business degree or equivalent experience
- Possess strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
PREFERED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Four years purchasing, materials, product management, engineering, or manufacturing experience.
- Possess strong negotiating skills and ability to sustain networking relationships
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy.
Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life.
Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your master’s degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please
Your application has been successfully submitted.