International Logistics Manager
NTT is a leading global IT solutions and services organisation that brings together people, data and things to create a better and more sustainable future.
In today’s ‘iNTTerconnected’ world, connections matter more now than ever. By bringing together talented people, world-class technology partners and emerging innovators, we help our clients solve some of the world’s most significant technological, business and societal challenges.
With people at the heart of our success, NTT is committed to attracting and growing the best talent and providing an environment where everyone feels they can belong and their contribution matters.
Want to be a part of our team?
The International Logistics Manager is responsible for providing efficient cost-effective transportation services from point of origin to point of delivery. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to carrier selection, import-export licensing, rate negotiation, and serves as an escalation point for our client success teams.
Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with client needs within budget constraints. Exhibits a thorough understanding of international modes of transportation, location specific import/export regulations and general supply chain management. Interacts with vendors, clients and peers in Sales, Finance, Procurement and Distribution personnel to optimize systems and procedures.
Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.Working at NTT
The primary objective of International Logistics Manager is to plan and control the flow of products, services, and related systems information from point of origin to point of delivery. The International Logistics Manager negotiates with vendors to receive the best possible price for materials, products, and services. They are responsible for the implementation of the logistics strategy and the achievement of logistics and supply chain goals. This individual collaborates with internal stakeholders to provide coaching and leadership with the objective of enabling their teams to achieve the logistics and supply chain strategy.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that processes are integrated and executed in a coordinated way to ensure contract and SLA adherence.
- Work with internal stakeholders to execute the strategy and set team priorities by providing direction.
- Manage and coordinate the activities and initiatives that ensure the full utilization of resources.
- Coach, mentor, and individuals in the team.
- Recommend improvements to all aspects of the logistics and supply chain department by analyzing and reviewing current trends, methodology and processes.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to create effective databases to manage and organize international warehouse orders.
- Maintain a friendly and professional relationship with vendors while promoting company initiatives and values.
- Provide support in the planning and implementation of logistics and supply chain optimization projects.
- Coordinates initiatives to ensure compliance and adherence to SLAs and overall customer excellence.
- Participates in negotiation with suppliers/vendors to receive the best possible price for materials, products, and services.
- Accurately identify risks affecting supply, transformation, delivery, and customer demand.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Display client focus and high service orientation
- Excellent people management and leadership ability
- Strategic thinking ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Deep supply chain knowledge
- Reliable and able to produce a high quality of work
- Ability to coordinate, plan and organize their work accurately and efficiently
- Actively seek to improve all aspects of the logistics and supply chain by streamlining steps and locating the best prices for inventory
- ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenges and needs to be addressed
- Top-level understanding of all aspects of supply chain processes
- Ability to research companies and determine the best vendors to reach out to for various projects
Academic Qualifications and Certifications:
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Logistics (focus on international trade or supply chain)
- Supply Chain Management certification is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a similar logistics and supply chain position
- Solid stakeholder engagement experience at all levels in the organization
- Solid previous experience operationally managing a team
- Experience managing and improving logistics and supply chain data, information, and processes
- Experience working in and maintaining databases
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today.
A career at NTT means:
- Being part of a global pioneer – where you gain exposure to our Fortune 500 clients and world-leading global technology partners and work with a network of over 40,000 smart and diverse colleagues across 57 countries, delivering services in over 200 countries.
- Being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology – backed with a 150-year heritage of using technology for good. With 40% of the world’s internet traffic running on our network and where Emoji were first invented, you can be proud of the group’s many new ‘firsts’.
- Making a difference – by doing meaningful work that helps to shape the future for our clients, and across industries and communities around the world.
- Being your best self – in a progressive ‘Connected Working’ environment that promotes flexibility, connection and wellbeing. Where diversity and different perspectives are embraced to ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Having ongoing opportunities to own and develop your career – with a personal and professional development plan and access to the broadest learning offerings in the industry.
Your application has been successfully submitted.