Logistics Solutions Specialist
Full Job Description
This position will have a direct impact on customer experience. The Logistics Solutions Specialist will be responsible of managing the day-to-day operations for new and current book of business. Ensure quality and performance are aligned with our service level and customer agreements.We offer you an exciting global career at the forefront of world trade.
Working with the best people in a global team culture with future growth opportunities in an industry that has a significant impact on the world economy…
We’re proud of our people who define our company’s industry leadership, global team culture and customer-centric focus every day.
When you join our team you join a truly diverse, global organization in a fast-moving, values-based, work environment where you can grow on the job, create and shape our digital solutions, tap into industry-leading talent development initiatives, enjoy working with your colleagues and broaden your world view through our international job postings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits for full-time employees including health, dental and vision insurance, a 401k savings plan with an employer match and paid time-off – and our parental leave policy is recognized world-wide as one of the best in the industry.
Every company, every country wants access to a competitive shipping, logistics and port system – and our people have created one company that offers one, easy-to-use solution to all their shipping needs.
Maersk is unique
Maersk is uniquely positioned to play a significant role in global trade, creating opportunities that help countries, companies and people succeed. Our vision is simple: Maersk is the global integrator of container logistics, connecting and simplifying our customers’ global supply chains. We do this through the global scale of Maersk, the world’s largest shipping line; our Logistics and Services expertise that help customers manage their global supply chains; and through our port operator, APM Terminals, one of the largest container terminal operators in the world with the most strategic locations to serve global supply chains.
Join us and play an important role on our team lifting global trade every day!
At Maersk we value the diversity of our talent and will always strive to recruit the best person for the job – we value diversity in all its forms, including but not limited to: gender, age, nationality, race, sexual orientation, disability or religious beliefs. We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams
- The Logistics Solutions Specialist is responsible of managing customer requests, processing bookings, documentation, coordination of transport, warehouse, and distribution, reporting and other duties.
- Understand the account's business requirements and then execute according to agreements Sealand has committed.
- Builds and maintains long-term relationships with customers, and internal operational and customer service stakeholders.
- Act as escalation point for customer issues and questions
- Indirectly lead the Global Service Centre (GSC) staff assigned to the account
- Perform day-to-day activities to ensure high customer satisfaction and directly assist customers in key areas to improve service delivery
- Actively support the implementation of new services and businesses by preparing and ensuring information handover, pre-checks, SOP creation and alignment meetings are conducted.
- Monitor processes and vendor performance, identify opportunities for improvements. Suggest and implement solutions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and, local laws and regulations, adherence to company procedures and policies.
- Setup checking mechanism on key operations elements and monitor exceptions to reduce the chance of service issues.
- Communicate with the client regarding any discrepancies and approvals/rejections of commercial or export / import documents.
- Process export / import documentation based on customers instructions.
- Experienced in AES / ISF filling process, Domestic transport (LTL, FTL), International transport (LCL, FCL, Air), Bonded, IMO Hazardous, Reefer, OOG / Special Equipment, Warehousing, Transloading, Cross-dock, Export Documentation (SWB, OBL, COO, USDA, etc.)
- Proactively take ownership of the business process and ensure service fulfillment is met.
- Monitor agreed service levels and identify root cause when expectations are not met.
- Advise management of potential service failures.
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Be fully responsible for customer satisfaction and experience on interaction with customers
- Process financial reports.
- Ongoing review of current processes, weekly calls with customers and managers to identify gaps and implement improvements.
- Research and share best business practices with teams as means to educate and benefit the team.
- Booking / Documentation Process Ownership
- Review, analyze and identify opportunities for improvement
- Troubleshooting and provide resolution
- Monitor Performance / KPI’s / Reporting
- Good problem solving skills
- Communication— able to edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively, read & interpret written information, good phone skills, is tactful and discrete in interactions
- Understanding of legal & commercial framework and documentation related to Logistics Products & Processes - Sea, Air, Domestic, FCL, LCL and international trade.
- Customer-facing and interaction skills with customer orientation
- Ability to work and thrive in a flexible matrix organization
- Ability to make presentations to stakeholders and communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure, persists despite obstacles and opposition.
- Passion for customer service
- Proactive and exhibits problem solving capabilities
- Financial Management processes relating to invoicing and job file profitability management
- Self directed, displays initiative and can work independently
- Organizational and time management skills : prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals
- Team player with proven ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-up.
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment - manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to quickly adapt & work with new and various software
We are looking for
- 5 years of Industry experience
- Incoterms, Customs Documentation, HS Code, and Import/Export processes and Documentation, Trade Compliance.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office Products, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Others a plus, Salesforce, Power BI, SAP.
Notice to applicants applying to positions in the United States
You must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Maersk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities who are applying for positions in the U.S. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Maersk in the U.S. and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, or if you need a reasonable accommodation to perform a job, please contact the applicable Human Resources Department by emailing
. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis pursuant to an interactive dialogue between the applicant and the Company.
Pay Transparency Notice:
Your application has been successfully submitted.