Senior Analyst Regulatory Reporting - Hybrid Remote
Full Job Description
Job Profile Summary
About the role
The Regulatory Reporting Senior Analyst role is a developmental opportunity to build expertise in the transportation fuels (gasoline, diesel, renewable fuel, electric, etc.) regulatory space, learn about the Trading and Shipping (T&S) business structure, and add value to the business through technical expertise. The Senior Analyst will lead the EPA and state regulatory reporting for production, blending and import/export activities at T&S refining facilities to maintain BP’s license to operate. This role is responsible for interfacing across T&S, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, and bp fuels technology team to provide regulatory guidance, communicate regulatory changes, and support new commercial activity from a regulatory perspective.
We are looking for analytically strong, innovative, collaborative, and driven individuals to join our team. We have built a highly capable diverse team and regard diversity and inclusion (D&I) as a key strength. We strive to help our people with work-life balance and flexible working arrangements.
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world. In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fueled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy company!
- Lead the regulatory reporting review and implementation activities for new or changing regulations.
- Effectively communicate regulatory reporting knowledge and impacts across the business.
- Interface with both BP commercial and fuels technology facing teams to lead, and champion federal and state regulatory compliance to maintain BP’s license to operate at T&S facilities.
- Lead the EPA and state regulatory reporting for production, blending and import/export activities at T&S refining facilities.
- Perform lifecycle and GREET modeling to support fuel pathway approvals of sustainable fuel feedstocks and electric vehicle charging stations.
- Provide federal and state regulatory guidance for new T&S activity sets
- Lead the Regulatory Reporting Team though annual federal and state Attest and Verification processes.
Bachelors’ degree, preferably in science or engineering
Essential experience and job requirements
- Embraces new challenges and opportunities to enhance ways of working.
- Strong affinity for applying new methods and approaches to drive continuous improvement
- Effectively communicates technical content to a non-technical audience
- Comfortable and efficient at managing complex and ambiguous data
- Ability to successfully build and manage strong relationships both internally and externally
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Experience in the petroleum industry
- Knowledge about fuels products
- Experience or knowledge in fuels related EPA and or state regulations
- Experience working on teams comprised of stakeholders from a variety of business and fuels technology areas
Describe the team, key stakeholders, and any unique selling points of team culture
The Regulatory Reporting team is a close-knit team within Regulatory Affairs that interfaces across multiple teams and commercial areas. The Fuels Regulatory Analyst role provides an opportunity to develop a broad understanding of bp’s Trading and Shipping businesses including trading, operations, and commercial development from a regulatory perspective. Additionally, the team directly supports bp’s delivery of its low carbon ambition.
bp offers a hybrid work schedule – 60/40 (in office/working remotely)
Why Join Us:
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
Trading & Shipping
Job Family Group
United States of America
TRADING & SHIPPING
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fuelled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader.
Join us and help us achieve these goals by:
- developing and continuously evolving a globally diversified portfolio that accesses new markets, commodities and commercial opportunities
- collaborating with our business groups to provide innovative commercial and marine solutions that add value to bp’s assets and flows
- delivering high-quality earnings and creating an organisation that is swift to identify and optimise market insights
- navigating a new era of energy for our planet, by sea
- acting with respect and integrity at all times, with the people we work with and the markets we operate in
- maintaining a comprehensive, rigorous and holistic risk control framework that ensures we operate in a safe, compliant and efficient way at all times
- empowering the deep expertise and leadership of our people
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½” scalp, or > 2 cm/¾” body – arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at PeopleCareHouston@bp.com; or by telephone at 833 478 7480 8am-5pm CST/CDT Monday-Friday.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the poster supplement - for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version)
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement
Your application has been successfully submitted.