Lead Export Compliance Officer
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe, and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Sr. Export Compliance Officer will report directly to the Director of Export Compliance and be a trusted partner to our Export Controls program, with specific emphasis to ensure Honeywell has a best-in-class program for compliance with the U.S. Arms Export Control Act and International Traffic in Arms Regulations, addressing licensing, system controls, policies and procedures, training, transactions, and audits. This role will have particular emphasis in leading the Part 130 compliance program, including collaborating with key stakeholders such as Finance, Contracts and Business Development to drive Part 130 compliance, as well as, tracking, and monitoring post approval requirements of complex agreements, reviewing export applications, conducting quarterly health checks, supporting consent agreement corrective actions, to include audits.
- Manage our Part 130 Program and Export Licensing Post Approval Compliance across all Business Groups
- Monitor, evaluate and prepare Part 130 reports in coordination with other business functions (example: Finance, Contracts, Business Development etc.)
- Prepare and submit Honeywell’s DDTC registration renewal and updates
- Track and monitor post approval requirements such as sub-licensing Non-Disclosure Agreements, MLA Annual Sales Reports, Actionable Provisos, Authorization Owner training, vetting Authorization Owner
- Collaborating with other members of the overall Licensing organization on best practices and metrics / internal reporting
- Managing OCR-EASE recordkeeping requirements for complex export authorizations
- Support consent agreement audits by collecting records related to technical assistance agreements to include annual sales reports, initial notifications of exports and upload termination into DECCS.
- Supporting investigations and disclosures as needed
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years in export compliance
- Must have strong understanding of Part 130 requirements
- Robust knowledge of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- U.S. Person status as defined by the ITAR
- Experience working with State Department consent agreements
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Experience with digital trade compliance solutions, such as SAP GTS and OCR EASE
- Ability and interest in building a sustainable, best-in-class compliance program
- A bias for collaboration
- Excellent skills in management and problem-solving
- An advanced degree (J.D., MBA)
- Ability to influence at varying levels of the organization
- Ability to navigate complex situations
- Excellent communication skills and credibility
- Ability to work independently to drive key initiatives
- JOB ID: HRD186802
- Category: Legal
- Location: 855 S Mint St,Charlotte,North Carolina,28202,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.