STS International Senior Manger – Customs and Intl Trade
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
A Customs and International Trade Senior Manager is responsible for advising clients on and identifying potential trade issues and opportunities providing advice to clients, in a variety of industries, on import and export matters. In this role, the Customs and International Trade Senior Manager will be charged with marketing, networking and business development within his/her area of experience and specialization and recognizing potential changes in tax policy and applying new policies pertaining to customs and international trade matters.
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Juris Doctorate degree, LLM, and/or MBA, preferred
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in the field of import/export trade consulting required, as a customs attorney, customs broker, industry trade specialist, US Customs auditor, or import specialist, required
- CPA and/or JD, preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
- Experience utilizing RIA, BNA, Lexis Nexis, required
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and basic legal and tax research skills including building models and analysis of financial and numerical data
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Capable of working in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of effective managing a team of tax professionals and delegating work assignments as needed
- Capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with client personnel
- Ability to successfully interact with professionals at all levels
- Basic understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation and law
Atlanta, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville
Your application has been successfully submitted.