Social Responsibility Manager - Hybrid Remote
Full Job Description
At Oxford, we own brands that make people happy…from the relaxed island lifestyle of Tommy Bahama, to the sunny optimism of Lilly Pulitzer and adventurous spirit of Southern Tide…because being happy never goes out of style.
We offer competitive benefits packages which may include generous vacation policy, health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, discounted stock purchasing, options for education reimbursement, and amazing product discounts! We value work-life balance and offer a flexible corporate office environment.
About the Role:
- The Social Responsibility Manager will play a critical role in the development and implementation of a consistent social responsibility and impact strategy across Oxford’s brands, Tommy Bahama, Lilly Pulitzer, Johnny Was, Southern Tide, Duck Head, and The Beaufort Bonnet Company. The Manager will be responsible for embedding responsible business practices throughout the organization, implementing social responsibility programs, and supporting the Company and our supply chain partners to achieve our program goals and social impact priorities.Develop policies, set program goals, and ensure appropriate programs and processes are implemented to support the ongoing development and execution of the company’s social responsibility and impact strategy.
- Monitor and mitigate forced labor risks through the management and continuous improvement of the company’s supplier social responsibility program, including:
- Enhancing supplier guidance
- Supporting supplier onboarding and risk screening
- Implementing a human rights training program for suppliers and company team members
- Managing third-party supplier social assessments, reviewing them for quality and accuracy, and developing a tool to compare data across multiple assessment protocols
- Working with suppliers to develop sustainable remediation plans
- Providing coaching and capacity building to drive supplier performance improvements
- Escalating critical issues to leadership
- Developing KPIs and tracking data to support supplier benchmarking, internal and external reporting, and responsible purchasing decisions
- Expand and adapt the social responsibility program to fabric mills and third-party and/or licensed products
- As the subject matter expert, collaborate with relevant Oxford and Brand teams including Sustainability, Production, Sourcing, Product Development, Materials, Design, Trade Compliance, and Legal to drive awareness and results within key human rights issue areas.
- Maintain expertise in forced labor, human rights, and related regulations, standards, reporting requirements, and awareness of industry landscape.
- Complete public reporting obligations (Higg BRM, California Transparency Act disclosure, annual reports for membership organizations, etc.), external communications like Oxford’s Corporate Responsibility report and Brand websites, and internal communications to optimize enterprise-wide awareness and engagement.
- Manage relationships with third-party service providers.
- Evaluate and implement relevant social impact and worker engagement programs.
- Support worker grievance system implementation, monitor reported issues, and manage issue resolution.
- Engage with relevant industry associations and member organizations like the American Apparel & Footwear Association, Sustainable Apparel Coalition, and Fair Labor Association to benchmark and ensure compliance with membership requirements and regulatory and risk changes.
You will enjoy this job it you...
- Proactively anticipate business challenges or regulatory issues and can make strategic process, product or service improvements
- Enjoy solving unique and complex problems that may have a broad impact on the business
- Contributes to the development of functional strategy
- Enjoy leading large projects/initiatives that impact the business on a domestic and/or international scale and require participation of multiple stakeholders
- Have a deep knowledge of global human rights issues, preferably as they relate to the apparel industry
- Passionate about understanding the customer and how sustainability strategies enable organizations to better anticipate and meet changing customer needs; demonstrated ability to leverage real-time customer insight and analysis to drive customer-centric outcomes/innovation
Who we would like to meet:
- Generally, 8+ years of social responsibility, human rights, or other related experience, preferably within an apparel brand and in a supplier-facing role
- With Graduate degree – Generally, 5+ years of social responsibility, human rights, or other related experience, preferably within an apparel brand and in a supplier-facing role
- Clear track record of successfully developing and implementing innovative social responsibility strategies and programs within retail or consumer products environments
- Strong business acumen with proven ability to integrate social responsibility strategies and initiatives into core business operations to support brand priorities and drive ESG impact
- Thorough understanding of relevant due diligence frameworks (OECD), forced labor laws (UFLPA, California Transparency in Supply Chains Act, EU mHRDD, etc.), U.S. Customs requirements, and reporting frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships and collaborate across a global organization, to organize and lead teams who do not directly report to you, and to influence change across all levels of the organization
- Sharp strategic thinking and analytical skills; ability to translate strategies into actionable initiatives for practical impact and to define, drive, and deliver program goals
- Experience working with international suppliers and an international team
- Demonstrated ability to use data to drive decisions
- Ability to proactively suggest solutions to complex problems
- Exceptional project management skills: adept at planning and managing multi-stakeholder initiatives and solving problems/removing obstacles to get work done/drive execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
What happens next?
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply! You will receive an email confirming we received your application. We will review your application as soon as possible. You can update your resume or information at any time by accessing your candidate profile.
- Location of employees in remote designated roles requires advance notice and preapproval.
Oxford Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Know Your Rights
Oxford Industries participates in E-Verify. Details in
English and Spanish
. Right to Work Statement in
English and Spanish
Your application has been successfully submitted.