Full Job Description
Job Title: Buyer
Job Code: SAS20231001-95574
Job Location: Remote
- Develop and manage RFQ/RFP process, negotiate agreements and manage/administer the contract for medium complexity and value for government and commercial programs.
- Evaluates bids and selects suppliers based on price, delivery, quality, and service to obtain best overall value for Harris.
- Utilize MRP systems, PeopleSoft financial system, Supplier Rating System, and expo portal applications.
- Interprets FAR/DFAR/ITAR laws, rules and regulations regarding import/export control certifications and licenses.
- Tracks all Purchase Orders through reports, works matched exceptions, open commitments, receiving discrepancies, returns, supplier discrepancies, and problem reports/supplier corrective action responses. Interfaces with receiving and accounting to resolve issues.
- Meets established goals, objectives, and performance metrics and solves problems of increased scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Confers with suppliers to determine factors that affect competitive total cost of ownership consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Evaluate root cause and corrective action with suppliers on late delivery performance.
- Builds stable working relationships with manufacturing, quality engineers, material management and program office regarding procurement demands by early involvement with programs and suppliers to determine risk mitigation actions for critical path parts.
- Participate on projects/teams as assigned.
- Graduate degree or equivalent with 0-2 years related experience, BS/BA Degree with a minimum 2+ years related experience, or a Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum 6+ years related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Purchasing experience in various commodities
- Ability to follow through with work assignments and show dedication to producing work of the highest quality.
- Detailed and organized.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Negotiation and follow up skills.
- PC skills in MS office, with Word and Excel formats essential.
- Knowledgeable in procurement, supply chain, and material management processes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.