Import / Export Specialist
Full Job Description
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
This position works collaboratively with internal partners such as import/export logistics, intermarket planning, export associates, international affiliates, together with external government agencies to ensure Nestle USA products are viable for exportation. Also responsible for working with the Nestle USA International 3rd Party Sales team to ensure foreign product registrations are established. This role also supports the import/export logistics team in resolving all vendor invoice discrepancies and ensuring that vendor payables are kept up to date.
- Coordinate Weekly Cross Functional Team Calls to discuss booking status and challenges
- Work with planners to determine best routing/equipment options
- Manage Steam to ensure they are following the SOP and completing all required tasks
- Managing VPO Process
- Creating Free Trade Agreement Certificates
- Assigning Tariff Codes
- Request various Government Export Certificates, included but not limited to, NAQS, USDA/AMS, Certificates of Free Sale, Chamber of Commerce, Vet Certificates, Manufactures Affidavits.
- Run export container report and upload into Ocean Insights tracking tool
- Act as main point of contact and resolve discrepancies and/or inaccuracies related to invoicing from export forwarders, ocean carriers, and drayage carriers to ensure timely payment.
- Resolve all blocked invoices in SAP workflow system for export freight forwarder and dray broker. Monitor volume of invoice discrepancies to drive reductions in blocked invoices. Follow up with vendors for invoice corrections as necessary.
- Request new trade lanes/rates for ocean and air via GT Nexus and Upload new rates in Nestrack
- Payment export logistics invoices, including USDA accounts, pier pass fees, or other fees related to the export process.
- Run/Request KPI Reports on all export bookings and help Steam manage exceptions
- Collaborate with cross functional team if booking is rolled more than once to find optimal solutions
- Work with Export Planners to determine rolling container forecast, select preferred carriers and manage allocations with steamship lines.
- Create Process and coordinator Door pick ups between Nestle DC's and Ocean Carrier
- Work with Procurement to secure transloading options, more dray carrier options, chassis leasing options.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent experience is preferred. Proficient in MS
- Office including Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Word.
Minimum 3-5 years experience working in international logistics, import/export administration, and/or customer service
Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
Self-motivated with the ability to overcome obstacles and drive resolution to issues.
Detailed oriented, well organized and methodical in analysis and execution.
- This position can sit in either Dekalb, IL or in Solon, OH
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Your application has been successfully submitted.