Lead, Customs Trade Compliance (Remote)
Full Job Description
Job Title: Lead, Customs Trade Compliance (Remote)
Job Code: CHQ20231001-95561
Job Location: Remote Opportunity
Job Schedule: 9/80: Employees work 9 out of every 14 days – totaling 80 hours worked – and have every other Friday off
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Global Trade Compliance – Compliance, this role is reponsible for monitoring trade compliance, managing corrective actions, and assisting with investigations related to trade compliance matters.
- Monitor trade compliance through self-assessments, compliance assistance visits (CAVs), and audits
- Track and follow-up on corrective actions related to voluntary disclosures, CAVs, self-assessments, audits, etc.
- Assist with investigations and other compliance matters
- Review, coordinate and track voluntary self-disclosures
- Interface with internal and external customers in trade compliance matters
- Assist with managing the corporate trade compliance program.
- Develop and implement business processes, procedures and tools to ensure compliance with U.S. Government trade regulations and corporate policies
- Analyze reports and metrics pertaining to various elements of the export/import process, and report on trends, areas of concern and improvement opportunities
- Provide support to assist with fulfilling the requirements of the Consent Agreement
- Assist with scheduling and data collection in preparation for internal assessments, audits, etc.
- Provides advice and guidance to senior leaders on the complex application and implementation of U.S. Government trade regulations
- Assist with managing the development and implementation of policies to ensure compliance with U.S. trade regulations as outlined by the Department of Commerce [Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)/Export Administration Regulations (EAR)], Department of State [Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC)/International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)], Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Department of the Treasury [Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)], and any other exporting regulatory agency as required
- Ability to travel as necessary to support the functions of the job
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with conducting trade compliance investigations and reviewing voluntary disclosures.
- Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance preferred
- Proficiency in OCR EASE export administration and licensing software preferred
- Experience working under a Consent Agreement
- Demonstrated consistent application of company and industry business practices and concepts
- Ability to apply U.S. Government regulatory requirements in complex scenarios
- Specialized knowledge of multiple areas within U.S. Government regulations and business practices
- Ability to manage assignments independently; analyze and solve highly complex problems
- Attention to detail and follow through on tasks assigned. Ability to foster and work well in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing. Strong presentation skills
- Exhibits a high attention to detail, integrity and discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $82,500 - $153,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.