Trade Compliance Program Manager
Full Job Description
Trade Compliance Program Manager in GAC Savannah
see job description
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Master's Degree preferred. 6 years Trade Compliance experience with progressively increasing responsibility required. 5 years Project Management experience required. 4 years supervisory experience required.; or a combination of related experience.Position Purpose:Manage complex corporate-focused Trade Compliance Program initiatives and assigned personnel workload within the functional responsibilities of the position. Provide guidance, oversight and management of corporate Trade Compliance activities to improve process, mitigate risk and ensure adherence to all applicable Trade Compliance laws, regulations and policies.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:Essential Functions:
- Coordinate with Trade Compliance peers to develop and implement corporate-wide trade compliance initiatives.
- Serve as subject matter expert concerning all trade compliance laws and regulations applicable to the Company operations, including ensuring currency with revisions to those laws and regulations.
- Actively engage and provide timely responses to internal and external customers for issues, projects, reports and inquiries relevant to assigned functional responsibilities.
- Actively lead and guide cross functional teams supporting trade compliance activities throughout the Company.
- Lead and guide factual investigations concerning trade compliance issues.
- Provide Leadership, management and workload prioritization for assigned personnel.
- Develop, train and equip assigned personnel to function within their delegated responsibilities.
- Manage the design and implementation of trade compliance training programs for Company employees.
- Develop, submit and track performance to functional budgets.
- Additional functions will be dictated by the specific responsibilities of the position. .
Perform other duties as assigned.Other Requirements:
- Customs Broker License preferred.
- Project Management Certification preferred.
- Successful experience in managing complex projects in a multi-disciplined, cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to expertly navigate and train others to operate within Gulfstream enterprise systems, web-based applications and 3rd party productivity software, including, but not limited to: SAP, GTS, CAS, Corridor, Oracle, Sales Logix, Livelink, P-DocM, Cognos, SmarTeam, Visual Compliance, CMP.Net , Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Projects, IPC, Adobe suite.
- Exceptional understanding and proficiency in all relevant US Trade regulations such as Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR), North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and Customs regulations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicant must be a US Citizen, or Green Card holder.
- Exceptional business acumen.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Preference for prior experience in aerospace industry.
A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
Requisition Number: 209224
Posting Type: Internal-External
Department: J0992-Legal Department
Percentage of Travel: Up to 50%
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of Openings: 1
Posting End Date: 01/25/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Your application has been successfully submitted.