Senior Trade Compliance Specialist - Customs Entry & Audit - Hybrid Remote
Full Job Description
Discovery is at the core of everything we do - whether it’s a great value, incredible style, or building long-lasting partnerships with people around the world. That’s what makes TJX different. You can find it all across our brands: TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, and Homesense. Every one of our brands has one thing in common: environments that are always changing. That’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships, and even about yourself. Come discover what different can mean for you.
The Opportunity: Contribute To The Growth Of Your Career.
This role is an excellent opportunity to get involved in TJX’s inclusive US Divisions Trade Compliance group and become familiar with our business model, internal systems, and import classification and compliance for a wide range of retail products.
The Sr. Entry & Audit Specialist supports the management of US Customs and other government agency entry clearance operations. This opportunity will also support auditing and corrective action activities, collaborating with Finance, Logistics, and many other internal departments. You will also be actively involved in refreshing and rethinking processes and systems to promote efficiencies and continuous improvement.
Position is currently hybrid out of our Marlborough, MA office with possibility of remote.
Primary Responsibilities– Entry Operations / Overall Team Support
- Supports entry operations via Customs broker management, analytics, and partnership with TJX’s logistics and transportation groups, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements for CBP, FDA, Fish & Wildlife, and other partner government agencies (PGAs)
- Responsible for daily Customs Broker support and oversight, including supervising performance to meet critical metrics, fielding inquiries, and exception management activities.
- Participates in the establishment or revision of internal control procedures and SOPs
- Provides technical guidance, training, and mentoring to colleagues in entry operations and other areas of Trade Compliance
- Provides additional support for our FTZ program (handled within the Entry and Audit Team)
Secondary Responsibilities– Audit / Post Entry
- Assists the Entry & Audit Manager in developing and carrying out the company’s Global Audit Strategy and supporting our ISA/CTPAT Trusted Trader program
- Performs custom entry audits for broker compliance, valuation and classification.
- Analyzes results for root cause and corrective action to ensure accuracy in entry filings, and continuous improvement in upstream processes.
- Prepares Post Entry filings and updates internal systems to ensure import clearance accuracy and completeness, and support recordkeeping
Who We Are Looking For: You.
- Must have U.S. Customs Broker License
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years of import Trade / Customs Compliance or Customs brokerage experience required
- Understanding of import regulations and overall Customs/PGA entry process required
- Experience in dealing with Customs Brokers or international freight forwarders strongly preferred
- Supply chain experience in retail preferred
- Familiarity with Descartes trade compliance software a plus
We care about our culture, but we also prioritize your needs!
- Competitive Pay
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Weekly paychecks
- Paid time away
- Programs to support environment and corporate responsibility
- TAAP – TJX Associate Assistance Programs
- Associate Discount
- Career Development Opportunity
- Be a part of an inclusive team
Benefit programs and eligibility terms vary across our global locations. We encourage you to apply to learn more about how our benefits can make a difference for you.
Full COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster once eligible, is a condition of employment at TJX, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That’s why working here is so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people that work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: 300 Value Way Marlborough MA 01752
Your application has been successfully submitted.