Buyer/Procurement Specialist - Remote
Full Job Description
Culmen International, LLC is seeking a full-tim e Buyer/Procurement Specialist to manage international and domestic equipment, material, and services procurements for U.S. government security assistance contracts. The desired candidate will have reportable experience in purchasing materials, equipment, and services. International buying experience and/or prior work with USG foreign aid and/or technical assistance programs is preferred. The candidate must be an independent thinker, detail-oriented, have strong written and oral communication skills, and work well in a team environment across cultures and time zones.
Job Type and Location: Full Time, Remote Telework with travel to Alexandria, VA for training.
Roles and responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Analyze customer requirements and conduct analysis of offers based on cost, availability and conformity with customer specifications.
- Manage relationships with key vendors and identify new vendors to fulfill requirements
- Negotiate with vendors for the best possible price and terms.
- Prepare cost estimates for management and customer review.
- Review and validate actual cost data against estimated expenses.
- Coordinate with shipping and finance teams to ensure compliance with contract terms and submission of accurate invoices.
- Prepare and submit recurring reports to customer program offices.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of purchase orders/procurement contracts, technical evaluations
- Organized with exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple assignments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with shipping industry terms and standards
- Prior experience interfacing with U.S. government federal clients and contracting personnel
- Knowledge of federal contracting processes and acquisition regulations (FAR, DFARS)
- Experience in procurement for laboratory, military, and/or CBRNE uses
- Experience with international procurements, and/or import/export regulations
- Project management experience
Top Tier Benefits Package Available:
- Exceptional Medical/Dental/Vision coverage with 100% of the premiums paid by the company for all employees and their eligible dependents
- 401k – Vested immediately and 4% match
- Life insurance and disability paid by the company
- AFLAC Available
- Tuition Assistance
- 12 Paid Holidays
At Culmen International we are committed to creating, promoting, and sustaining a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our commitment to these values is unwavering across all our work around the world. We include and celebrate employees of diverse races, genders, religions, sexual orientations, ethnicities, nationalities, socioeconomic statuses, languages, (dis)abilities, ages, and religious commitments. These differences drive innovative solutions to meet the needs of our employees and clients. Culmen is an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.