Full Job Description
Status: Exempt (salaried)
Department: Supply Chain/Operations
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for the coordination and compliance of inbound and outbound shipments for the Company. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer service skills and will have the ability to coordinate shipments cross-functionally to achieve success. To be considered, the candidate must have a strong understanding of import, export, and other shipping regulatory requirements. This role requires the aptitude to address a multitude of logistical and administrative support needs promptly and professionally while also requiring effective communication with various departments and customer contacts to achieve business goals. Critical thinking, strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills are essential to success in this role. This role requires excellent customer service skills, the ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships, and strong project management skills with a focus on freight cost reduction. The candidate must exhibit a proven track record of thriving in fast-paced environments while delivering quality work on tight deadlines.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with direction given by the Logistics Manager, Supply Chain team, and other areas of the business to identify and follow through on continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for reviewing/creating customs documents, Bill of Lading, quoting, award of LTL and truckload shipments
- Provide global import/export expertise for all areas of the company’s operations (including ocean container FCL, LCL, air, and small parcel shipments).
- Work closely with 3rd party logistics, freight forwarders, customs brokers, trucking companies and others to meet company objectives
- Manage the performance of international/domestic carriers and logistics intermediaries
- Assist with the development, implementation and keeping current standard operating procedures and work instructions to support functional area of responsibility as needed
- Assure compliance to laws and regulations as well as coordinate the proper certifications and trainings for the various logistics personnel
- Represent Plug Power in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree preferred or equivalent employment experience.
- 5+ years relevant work history within a warehouse/logistics function; preferably as part of a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems is a must; Avante / SAP experience preferred
- Experience and Knowledge of Ocean Freight and Import/Export processes
- Full understanding of 2020 Incoterms required
- Strong leadership skills including daily communications with the team and with internal customers
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Must be driven and self-motivated
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively
- Role model for high standards of professionalism
- Excellent follow-through
- Results-oriented and driven work style
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.