Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
Who is Senior plc?
Senior plc is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider with 26 operating businesses in 12 countries. Senior designs manufacture and markets high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment producers in the worldwide aerospace, defense, and land vehicle and power & energy markets. The Group is split into two divisions, Aerospace and Flexonics, servicing five key sectors.
Our global values underpin what we do, and how we do it …
Safety – Integrity – Customer Focus – Respect & Trust – Accountability – Excellence
Who is Senior Aerospace Ketema?
We are a technology-driven, team-oriented manufacturing company that takes pride in the relationships we build with our customers, suppliers, and with each other. We offer exciting career opportunities in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and reward employees who are motivated, innovative, and results-oriented. We are looking for dedicated individuals to join us in engineering solutions for our customers.
We are currently seeking a Trade Compliance Specialist at our El Cajon location in San Diego, CA.
What Does the Job Involve?
The Trade Compliance Specialist is primarily responsible for reviewing and approving export/import license or permit applications, advising the general manager, senior staff, and all applicable employees about trade compliance matters, providing trade compliance oversight to all activities, working collaboratively with all departments, supporting them to ensure they have implemented effective compliance internal controls into their procedures and work instructions, and providing trade compliance training all in accordance with the policy and direction from the Corporate Trade Compliance department.
What will my responsibilities include?
- Develop and conduct training that is needed so team members are properly prepared to meet SoCal export compliance requirements.
- Monitor, audit & manage compliance activities and the effectiveness of internal controls on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare, review, approve, and submit applications for export/import licenses, permits, and other requests for authorization.
- Prepare, review and approve technology control plans, and provide technology transfer oversight, including visits and travel.
- Analyze transactions for which due diligence indicates potential risk and determine whether due diligence has been satisfied.
- Review proposals to identify trade compliance needs or issues.
- Review with department managers their trade compliance internal controls (prepare, write, update and release procedures, work instructions, forms, checklists, and tools) to ensure they are current and compliant.
- Work proactively with departments to prevent trade disruptions.
- Advise senior staff about trade compliance aspects and risks of proposed business decisions.
- Analyze and interpret export and import regulations and maintain current knowledge of changes.
- Own, manage and maintain a Rolling Action Item List (RAIL) for all associated items within the TC Specialist position.
- Able to consistently, clearly, and concisely communicate in all matters of Trade Compliance across all levels of responsibility within the business.
- Able to effectively communicate directly with the Director of Trade Compliance (DTC) on at least a weekly basis.
- Ongoing development and management of standardized audit and testing processes needed to identify potential trade compliance issues associated with operational procedures.
What Key Skills and Experience Do I Need?
- Basic arithmetic skills are sufficient to perform basic calculations. Some college-level math skills for use in technical computations.
- Efficient in the use of PowerPoint presentation tools and Excel spreadsheets. Ability to research transactions and prepare reports in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) information systems, and quickly learn new software tools. Visual Compliance is preferable.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and generate countermeasures that meet customer expectations and organizational objectives. Requires the ability to assess facts and develop conclusions.
- Ability to work at both detail and strategic levels, work calmly under pressure and with frequent interruptions, and display sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision. Has the authority to make decisions related to regular tasks and actions without consulting the Manager.
What Qualifications Should I Have?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 3+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus; experience in the aerospace or industrial industry is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) including anti-boycott regulations, sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Customs Regulations (CFR), and the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR).
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment. Thoroughly familiar with international shipping documents such as commercial invoices, packing lists, air waybill, and export licenses; including consignee information, incoterms, harmonized tariff code and nomenclature, country of origin, customs value, export classification, and license data.
Why Join Senior Aerospace Ketema?
Joining Senior means not only a rewarding career with a tight-knit and collaborative team, but you will also enjoy a competitive compensation package that includes a market-led base salary, commission plan, and a comprehensive benefits package along with wellness benefits, employee recognition program, matching 401k plan, paid vacation, flexible hours, employee wellness activities, tuition reimbursement, and community involvement initiatives.
If an offer of employment is made it will be contingent upon passing all of the following: Drug Test, Background Check, ITAR, and U.S. Export Compliance Screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
Access to our facility (and, therefore, employment) is restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents, U.S. refugees, asylees, or temporary residents under amnesty provisions [as defined in 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)] and properly licensed foreign persons. Applicants receiving a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide information to determine whether they are subject to these regulations and if so, to assess their country of chargeability for trade compliance control purposes. Additionally, potential employee’s names will be screened against the Consolidated Screening List (maintained by the United States government) to determine eligibility to receive technical data.
Your application has been successfully submitted.