Senior International Trade Specialist
Full Job Description
The International Trade Senior Specialist is a member of the International Trade Compliance team responsible for global customs import/export compliance, including classification, valuation, and country of origin designation, labeling, internal auditing and participating government agencies. This role supports International Trade Compliance team and interacts with Accounting, Inventory, Transportation, Distribution, Legal, Purchasing and Tax Managers to fulfill corporate tax and customs compliance, and reports directly to the Senior Manager of International Trade Compliance.
- Assist in maintenance of customs compliance programs globally, including C-TPAT, Drawback, ISA, CEE, etc.
- Troubleshoot commercial invoice issues
- First level escalation on troubleshooting live border issues and courier imports
- Train KDP shipping departments regarding export requirements and assist in classification to complete commercial invoices for export
- Participate in companies denied party screening process and export compliance
- Maintain department procedures
- Perform Item Set Up function in SAP to ensure proper assignment of tariff classification and country of origin for all items in our line list
- Perform weekly and quarterly internal audits to ensure compliance with US and Canada customs laws
- Provide general analysis on import/export activity; and participate in the development of internal reporting and financial/supply chain analyses
- Collaborate with international customs brokers to facilitate customs clearance and maintain SOPs; act as primary point of contact for customs brokers and couriers.
- Participate in department scorecard feedback for suppliers
- Interface with all Keurig Dr Pepper offices on Customs matters
- Research customs rulings on HTS classification, value, and country of origin
- Review trade periodicals to keep current on global issues impacting Keurig Dr Pepper and makes recommendations to management based on this information.
- Represent the team on internal teams and in project teams as appropriate
- Assist with and perform functional testing and support as needed for maintenance, and upgrades on information system tools and technology
- Bachelor's degree in International Trade, International Business, or Finance
- 3+ years import/export experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel (pivot tables and VLOOKUP required); experience with SAP a plus
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to self-learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions
- Ability to participate in Continuous Process Improvement
- Ability to follow Keurig Dr Pepper policies and procedures as well as our Operating principles
Company Overview & EEO Statement:
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.