Analyst - Import/Export (Classification)
Full Job Description
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to be a part of something great? Want to join a 20,000-member team that works on the technology that powers the world around us? Looking for an atmosphere of trust, empowerment, respect, diversity, and communication? How about an opportunity to own a piece of a multi-billion dollar (with a B!) global organization? We offer all that and more at Microchip Technology, Inc.
People come to work at Microchip because we help design the technology that runs the world. They stay because our culture supports their growth and stability. They are challenged and driven by an incredible array of products and solutions with unlimited career potential. Microchip’s nationally-recognized Leadership Passage Programs support career growth where we proudly enroll over a thousand people annually. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, values-based decision making, and strong sense of community, driven by our
Vision, Mission, and 11 Guiding Values
; we affectionately refer to it as the Aggregate System and it’s won us countless awards for diversity and workplace excellence.
Our company is built by dedicated team players who love to challenge the status quo; we did not achieve record revenue and over
30 years of quarterly profitability
without a great team dedicated to empowering innovation. People like you.
page to see what exciting opportunities and company
The Import / Export Classification Analyst will be an active participant towards the professional handling of Microchip daily reports and timely application and release of export holds as relates to import/export classification. This individual will be responsible for supporting Microchip Technology Inc. (Microchip) global trade compliance group with the dispensation and maintenance of import/export classifications in support of Microchip’s global operations while complying with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations, U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) regulations, U.S. Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Control International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and certain other Country Regulations.
This job requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by the export laws of the United States. Candidates are required to provide proof of either US citizenship, Permanent US residency or classification as a protected individual as defined in 8 USC 1324b (a) (3).
- Provide import export classification support to all business units.
- Analyze vital engineering data sheets and technical questionnaires to aid the adjudication of Export Control Classification Number (ECCN), U.S. Munitions List (USML) categories, and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) for Microchip materials.
- Communicate with business units’ partners to address classification matters.
- Maintain export control data including but not limited to ECCN, HTS, USML Category, and export license requirements.
- Maintain classification records in accordance with US Government Agencies and company requirements.
- Support and collaborate with internal business partners to ensure best in class practices are embedded into business functions.
- 3-5 years of experience in Commerce Control List Export Control Classification Number’s (ECCN), U.S. Munitions List (USML) categories, and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS).
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. Customs regulations, Export Administration Regulations, and International Trade in Arms Regulations.
- 3+ years’ experience in product engineering
- Functional knowledge of export controls applications such as Visual compliance, Integration Point, Trade Automation, etc.
- Proficient with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software’s such as BAAN, Oracle, SAP, Dynamics AX, etc.
Required Aptitudes and Qualities
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills, and ability to multitask.
- Significant attention to detail.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines.
- Overall enthusiasm for departmental success.
- Exceptional analytical, written, & verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and people orientated approach.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Wellness & Medical Benefits effective on your First Day of Employment
- Gold Standard in Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Free on-site medical clinic staffed by a licensed and certified Nurse Practitioner.
- On-site fitness center
- Quarterly Employee Cash Bonus Plan
- Restricted Stock Grant
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Vacation Pay
- Absence Time - "Sick Pay"
- 10 Paid Holidays
0% - 25%Physical Attributes:
Hearing, Other, Reaching, Seeing, Talking, Works Alone, Works Around OthersPhysical Requirements:
M-F: 8 hours/day; Sitting - 100%, Standing - 3%, Walking 3%, Inside - 100%Pay Range:
The expected base salary range for this position, if filled in Colorado, is $47,080 - $72,400, dependent on specific skills and work experience. We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive base pay, restricted stock units, and quarterly bonus payments. In addition to these components, our package includes health benefits that begin day one, retirement savings plans, and an industry leading ESPP program with a 2 year look back feature. Find more information about all our benefits at the link below.
Benefits of working at Microchip
Microchip Technology Inc is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
. Please also refer to the
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Your application has been successfully submitted.