Full Job Description
Total Filtration Services, a Division of Parker Hannifin. is seeking a Tactical Buyer who will work closely with the Division Supply Chain Manager to manage the stocking, and procurement of filtration products for the company, and to oversee inbound freight. They will work independently and within the team to develop and implement improvements in the areas of inventory management, cost savings, supplier selection, supplier evaluations and freight expenses outside of and within our ERP system. A continuous improvement mindset is necessary to ensure efficiencies are gained.
- Ensure all tasks are completed in a safe manner, complying with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure TFS is using the direct vendor solutions, eliminating non-direct supply chain relationships where possible
- Demonstrate mastery of assigned commodities, ensuring both Standard Costs and Purchase Prices are maintained in the business system.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with assigned vendors; negotiate long term pricing strategies, volume rebates, incentives (including freight).
- Ensure vendors are working with TFS to consolidate shipments to reduce incoming freight costs and manage all expedite requests
- Ensure stocking requests are researched, validated and have proper approvals prior to ordering
- Maintain strong relationship and communication with and manage order controls and inventory levels for assigned branches
- Communicate weekly shipment schedule to assigned branch locations including product quantity and estimated delivery date
- Monitor and report on monthly purchasing metrics
- Obtain 99% fulfillment rate at assigned branches
- Resolve warehouse discrepancies (double shipments, quantity discrepancies, incorrect part number and RGA)
- Manage and close out all vendor non-conformances as related to assigned vendors
- Ensure processes are documented to comply with TFS standard operating procedures or internal desk manuals
- Ensure all required purchasing SOX information is monitored and reported
- Entry Level Position: 0-1 year of purchasing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Demonstrated excellence in Excel
- Detail-oriented with solid organizational skills
- Explicit understanding of transaction flow through business system
- Ability to be an individual and team contributor
- Maintains a strong sense of urgency
- Must have a "Do What It Takes" attitude.
- Assertive with a strong sense of urgency
- Specific Demonstrated Capabilities
- Experienced negotiator with proven results
- Keen analytical abilities with solid problem-solving skills
- Must possess the initiative to identify problems along with the appropriate solutions
- Deadline driven and results oriented
- Strong presentation abilities
- Interpersonal Skills
- Positive attitude with a proven desire to succeed
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-department structure
- Ability to influence others outside of assigned department
- Ability to work well at all levels in an organization
- Experience & Educational Requirements
- 4 Year College Degree Required (Supply Chain Management or Relevant Discipline Preferred)
- 0-1 Year of Purchasing experience
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.