Global Trade Import Operations Analyst
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become a maker of possible with us.
Reporting directly to the Manager, Global Trade Operations, this position supports the import operations function in developing and maintaining BD’s imports operational compliance requirements and controls. It is directly involved in ensuring compliance with US government import rules and regulations. This position will work cross-functionally with internal departments including procurement, master data organization, Global Transportation, distribution centers and regulatory to ensure that all import trade compliance requirements are met. This position will work with worldwide regions to ensure alignment with global trade initiatives as well as government agencies as required.
- Manage daily import transactions to ensure the on-time, compliant delivery of products and materials to BD facilities and customer locations
- Classify import goods with HTS codes
- Classify import goods with PGA data per import scenarios especially FDA, USDA, EPA
- Provide clearance instructions to brokers
- Coordinate with regulatory, brokers and government agencies on release of the shipments hold by government agencies including Customs and FDA
- Coordinate with brokers, freight forwarders, carriers, truckers, DC’s and Customer locations for on-time clearance and delivery
- Manage daily import EDI transactions and trouble shoot system issues
- Conduct post entry audit of import entries to ensure brokers’ entry filing is accurate and compliant
- Interpret government import rules and regulations and provide guidance to support business strategies
- Manage regular calls with GLP’s to review service performance and address issues
- Responsible to ensure brokers’ comprehension and execution of BD SOP
- Responsible to provide shipment status reporting to BD businesses per requirement
- Identify best practice import operations for businesses
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain or a related discipline
- Minimal 3 years of prior experience in import customs & compliance requirements
- Customs broker license is preferred
- Prior experience of HTS classification and ECCN is preferred
- Prior experience of SAP/GTS is preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Word, Excel, Access and PPT
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time. And through the organization’s investment in BD University, you will continually level up your tech skills and expertise.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive. And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
To learn more about BD visit https://bd.com/careers
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA NJ - Franklin LakesAdditional Locations
Your application has been successfully submitted.