Full Job Description
Compliance Manager-Decatur, IL
This is a full-time, exempt position.
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic Compliance professional to fill the role of Compliance Manager on ADM’s North America Compliance Team. This position reports to the North America Senior Compliance Director, will be responsible for managing key compliance programs and provide ongoing support and continuous improvement of key Compliance policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives to help ensure the effectiveness of ADM’s Compliance programs. These include Antitrust/Competition Law Compliance, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Trade Compliance, Data Privacy, Code of Business Conduct, Conflicts of Interest, Training & Communications, and additional assignments as needed.
While our preference is for the successful candidate to work at our North America Regional Headquarters in Decatur, IL, we will also consider working at one of our offices in Chicago, IL, Erlanger, KY, or Alpharetta GA.
- Manage ADM’s conflict of interest program. Review and approve conflict of interest disclosures. Maintain the conflict-of-interest database.
- Draft global and regional compliance communications, new policies and make policy updates.
- Conduct in-person and virtual compliance trainings for colleagues and business partners.
- Support internal compliance investigations.
- Monitor local laws and recommend changes to guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Maintain the Global Whistleblower Helpline case management system.
- Conduct compliance effectiveness reviews of key compliance policies, procedures, controls, and systems.
- Monitor high-risk compliance-sensitive transactions for potential compliance red flags and policy violations.
- Any other responsibilities necessary to support Compliance and advise management on ADM’s standards of business conduct.
- Qualified lawyer, auditor, or accountant preferred (but not required).
- Minimum three years of compliance or risk management-related work experience. This may include experience in a corporate ethics and compliance department, a law or accounting firm, internal audit, or other comparable experience monitoring compliance, managing risk, or enforcing rules and regulations.
- Must be fluent in English, although knowledge of another language would be beneficial.
- Experience working in or supporting an international business is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with anti-corruption, antitrust, data privacy and trade compliance laws and regulations.
- High level of motivation, team-player mindset, and results-oriented way of working.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience analysing data and creation of metrics is preferred.
- Organized and adept at leading multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and act in a critical position of trust within the company.
- Research – Must have the ability to conduct detailed research on a variety of topics using the internet and other publicly available resources.
- Project Management – Must be able to manage several projects and ensure completion to agreed deadlines. Must be detail-oriented and can take sound critical decisions on whether to engage potential business partners based on the results of due diligence reviews.
- Working under Pressure - Must have the ability to stay firm and collected under pressure and manage completion of tasks in line with established guidelines and procedures.
- Communication – Must have strong communication, negotiation, and training skills to communicate effectively with colleagues, senior management, and business partners. Must be able to communicate negative results and reasons to business units and senior management. Must, through excellent interpersonal skills, have the ability to bring about organizational change.
- Concern for Quality – Demonstrates a high standard of quality in their work.
- Training – Must be able to develop engaging and enlightening training materials and deliver same to business units and business partners.
- Integrity/Values – Must have a strong personal and professional commitment to the values of compliance, ethics, and integrity and must always demonstrate these values while carrying out daily responsibilities.
- Diversity – Understands the value of a diverse workplace and treats all employees equally irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age, national origin, or disability.
- Confidentiality – Must have the ability to work with confidential and sensitive material discreetly.
- Problem Solving and Analysis – Must have the ability review complex laws and regulations and propose systems for implementing remedial measures into internal control systems. Must be able to break down complex situations into component parts and develop solutions in a logical, systematic way.
- Conflict Resolution – Must have the ability to effectively manage conflict and positively shape outcomes that minimize risk and are acceptable to all stakeholders.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.