Director of Supply Chain Management
Full Job Description
United States of America
State / CountyNew York
FunctionSupply Chain/ Purchasing
Position typeFull Time
Company ProfileEnvironment One Corporation (E/One) is an operating company of Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal parts and industrial products. With corporate headquarters in New York and regional offices and distribution throughout the industrialized world, E/One is a manufacturer and provider of products and services for the disposal of residential sanitary waste and Utility Systems for the protection and performance optimization of electric utility assets.
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Job DescriptionPurpose: Oversees the purchasing and quality assurance functions for the company, including the establishment and maintenance of purchasing programs and procedures. Ensures contracts with suppliers and vendors are consistent with business objectives, and achieves year over year cost savings through innovative purchasing approaches. Supports both SSB and USB.
- Establishes standard purchasing programs, LTAs, and procedures for members of the Purchasing team responsible for procuring raw materials, equipment, supplies and services for the company.
- Develops methods to ensure correct and accurate delivery of materials and supplies received, and systems to resolve discrepancies (e.g. quality, quantity, etc.) in materials received. Continuously supervises these SOP’s and revises programs as needed.
•Continuously monitors vendors to secure on time delivery of quality products at competitive prices. Qualifies, evaluates, and recommends new vendors. •Works closely with Operations, Quality, and Engineering in choosing and or changing vendors.
- Drives for consignment, VMI, Kanban, and other methods for minimizing E/One working capital.
- Manages PPV opportunities along with other departments, serving as the coordinator of all projects moving forward.
- Responsible for meeting annual PPV targets set in the budget process.
- Confers with department managers of Operations, Engineering, Quality, and Finance monthly to drive potential savings opportunities.
- Meets weekly, or as needed, with management team to coordinate activities and address problems.
- Completes monthly purchasing reports including vendor performance, discussing progress in meeting corporate purchasing goals, and possibilities for improvements in the purchasing function.
- Proactively manages E/One owned and vendor owned molds and tools to ensure no interruption in raw material supply. Manages safety of supply chain which included vendor’s capacity, safety stocks, etc.
- Acts as E/One Facility Compliance Officer (FCO) to manage trade compliance. In addition to his or her usual day-to-day responsibilities, the FCO ensures that the plant is aware of and complying with all relevant regulations and meeting the requirements spelled out in the Export Compliance Manual (ECM) and Import Compliance Manual (ICM).
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering or related field.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certification preferred.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible purchasing experience.
- Demonstrated success in international sourcing identifying, evaluating, & contracting with low-cost country producers.
- Demonstrates excellent negotiation skills, strong communication,
- Has a strong understanding of business law, contracts, and financial issues.
- Has experience in a supervisory role, possessing leadership and directional skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and database software.
- Knowledge of casting, machining, injection molding, rotational molding, printed circuit boards, and sheet metal fabrication
Relocation is authorized for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.