Clinical Research Specialist 4
This position supports the outreach, engagement, and participant compensation portion of a research grant. The Clinical Research Specialist 4 is responsible for:
- training of field staff on research and clinical protocols
- overseeing quality of field research activities
- engagement with human program and research participants
- reporting to project leadership on strengths and opportunities related field/ program activities
- assisting with supply procurement and shipping including import/ export paperwork
- assisting with sample collection and shipping including import/ export paperwork
- participating in research consortium meetings and sharing notes with participants
- treating animals participating in research studies within the limits agreed upon by the research team
- providing veterinary telemedicine consultation to field staff for health issues that arise in program and study animal participants
- developing written protocols and manuals for simple veterinary clinical procedures
- providing guest lectures related to expertise in OSU courses and supervising OSU students conducting field work
This position requires a significant amount of travel with trips of up to 1 month in duration at least four times a year in addition to some shorter trips. This person is expected to provide support specifically for Chad and Ethiopia, but additional countries may be added as needed.
Requirements: DVM or equivalent degree with license to practice in the USA, and/or thesis-based masters or doctoral degree; working in teams across cultural and language barriers; experience working in areas with poor infrastructure and harsh living conditions; ability to work independently and clearly document progress on multiple simultaneous projects;
Desired: ability to speak and write in French +/- Arabic; experience working with outreach or development programs in Africa; experience in procurement and international shipping; experience in providing evidence-based veterinary clinical care in low-resource settings.
Must be comfortable with international travel, handling animals, carrying up to 50 pounds of equipment, working under extreme heat for up to 8 hours at a time, and living in low-resource settings for up to one month at a time.
Term (Fixed Term) 40 Varying Shifts
Your application has been successfully submitted.