Manufacturing Supervisor - 1st Shift
Full Job Description
Org Marketing Statement
Parker-Hannifin PARFLEX Division- Fort Worth
Parflex-Fort Worth manufactures multiple types of braided plastic and rubber hose and polypropylene tubing used by the air and space community, military, utility companies, farm implements and U.S. defense contractors.
How you'll perform the role.
- Responsibility for leading operation of one or more plant value streams.
- Implements under the direction of the Value Stream Manager the Parker Lean system and Win Strategy to ensure a safe work environment, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop a qualified workforce, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
- Oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly, quarterly and annual expectations.
- Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
- _X_ Has Direct Reports ____ Does Not Have Direct Reports
- Responsible for developing and leading associates, employment decisions and performance assessments of an assigned plant value stream(s).
- Responsible for leading all aspects of the plant value stream(s) under the direction of the Value Stream Manager to include: associate development, utilization of team consensus to evaluate decisions, ensure rapid implementation of decisions, budget development and adherence, employment decisions related to associates and performance assessment of Group Leaders and associates.
- Essential Functions:
- The Value Stream Team Leader will meet with the Value Stream associates regularly.
- Reflecting on problems, solutions and challenges, thereby creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Leads the plant value stream(s) in daily operations and continuous improvements, which include but are not limited to: supply chain, production control, manufacturing priorities and coordination between all shifts in the value stream.
- The Value Stream Team Leader will assist the Value Stream Manager to create continuous product flow, utilize pull systems and to level the workload.
- Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work and processes are followed, needed adjustments are implemented and the area is compliant with safety and 5S requirements.
- Instill and maintain a positive team atmosphere in the Value Stream(s); hold regular team meetings and assign team member tasks and coordinate support activities form departments outside of the team.
- Utilize PDCA in conjunction with Tracking Centers and Team Improvement Boards to ensure results.
- Provide effective cross training for Value Stream associates and backups from other value streams to assure the continuous smooth running of the value stream.
- Encourage team to stop and fix problems in order to get quality right the first time.
- Work with the Value Stream Manager to develop the future state value stream map and manage the plans to achieve it as documented in the Value Steam Tracking Center.
- In addition, the Team Leader works with the Group Leader and the Value Stream Team to maintain Team Improvement Boards.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3- 5 years’ management or supervisory experience.
- Sufficient background in accounting, PC skills, manufacturing, human resource management and inventory control.
- Demonstrated teamwork and team-building skills.
- Ability to assess and develop individual and team skills and capabilities.
- Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for challenges.
- Serve as model by promoting safety, new ideas and positive change.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with LEAN teams or leading LEAN teams is preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity
- Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
- (“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
- If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Your application has been successfully submitted.