Full Job Description
Pentair is currently seeking a Buyer responsible for assuring the continuous supply of assigned components in order to maintain the required production levels at optimum cost consistent with quality and quantity specifications. Maintaining an inventory of parts, within assigned components, to meet stated goals of inventory while maintaining production schedules. Developing the internal and external supply chain of your product team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret and validate MRP messages daily by tracing and validating the source.
- Investigate and resolve sources of false demand and initiate corrective measures
- Maintain correct planning parameters for all assigned parts/suppliers
- Carefully monitor past due shipments with suppliers, carriers and or Receiving DPT.
- Responsible for Purchase Programs for Indirect and MRO items
- Maintain proper inventory levels to support forecast and work with Production to ensure inventory on hand is continually reviewed against Material Resource Planning required from Operations to meet Customer Service Commitments
- Communicate Purchase Parts Cost increases to area of responsibility.
- Communicate product requirements to our vendors and required compliance.
- Make sourcing decisions from a list of Quality certified suppliers.
- Keep purchasing and item information accurate and up-to-date in QAD.
- Update all assigned SOA data daily
- Knowledge of Kanban systems; setting Kanban levels and trigger points using both manual and computerized methods.
- Expedite and respond to shortages in an immediate fashion to ensure no production stock-outs.
- Able to independently troubleshoot issues/concerns and determine course of action
- Work with suppliers and internal customers to resolve returns to vendor and quality issues
- Knowledge and understanding of Subcontract process
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 2 year degree in business or related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a buyer.
- Supplier relationship management skills
- Knowledge with a MRP system preferred. Experience with QAD is a plus.
- Knowledge of import/export compliance preferred
- Goal & detail oriented
- Excellent follow up and communication skills
- Capable of multi-tasking to meet expected due dates
Able to communicate effectively (verbally and written) in the English language
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts on the factory floor, may need to work in an environment where the noise level could be moderate to very loud.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory
Your application has been successfully submitted.