Senior Analyst, US Trade Compliance
Full Job Description
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Job Title: Sr. Analyst US Trade Compliance
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Abbott Park, IL location in Corporate Customs & Trade Compliance. The Corporate Customs & Trade Compliance department's primary function is to provide corporate-wide leadership and direction for the development, administration and enforcement of policies and procedures related to Abbott's global trade compliance program.
As the Senior Analyst US Trade Compliance, you’ll have the chance to conduct audits/assessments at Abbott's domestic sites to evaluate compliance with relevant corporate policies/procedures; formulate recommendations for improvement in operating performance and controls, ensuring that proper and timely corrective actions are implemented; analyze import/export data and trends to identify areas of potential risk for the corporation; and establish/strengthen internal control requirements as needed, and push out to operations.
What You’ll Work On
- Act as lead assessor/auditor for US import/export compliance assessments.
- Ensure that proper and timely corrective actions are implemented by sites/divisions.
- Establish and/or strengthen corporate control requirements to ensure Abbott's compliance with applicable import/export laws and regulations.
- Ensure implementation at the site/division level, as appropriate.
- Quantify potential financial liability/risk associated with any identified compliance issues, and ensure proper correction and/or disclosure to US Customs and other PGA on a timely basis.
- Provide guidance to sites/divisions/affiliates on matters concerning US import/export requirements.
- Compile and analyze site/division/corporate trade data to identify compliance risks and cost-savings opportunities.
- Proactively provide guidance to sites/divisions to facilitate the timely and compliant import/export of goods.
- Work directly with sites/divisions and third-party brokers/freight forwarders to resolve day-to-day issues that result in import/export delays.
- Provide guidance, as needed, on tariff classification, customs valuation, and country of origin determination.
- Remain abreast of current U.S. Customs programs, initiatives, and regulatory changes and analyze potential impact on Abbott.
- Provide training, both on-site and at bi-annual Trade Roundtables.
- Bachelors Degree REQUIRED (Finance, Operations, Materials Management, or other relevant area).
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience (Finance/Accounting, Audit, Compliance, Materials Management, or other related field).
- Strong problem solving and writing skills are essential.
- Must be able to work independently, perform under pressure, multitask with tight deadlines, and adapt to a fast paced environment. US Customs and other PGAs have the authority to demand information on short notice. Accordingly, responsive, timely troubleshooting is mandatory for success in this position. Incumbent must have the ability to anticipate regulatory issues, investigate them, analyze data, and identify practical solutions.
- Bilingual (Spanish) and international experience is a plus.
- Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Your application has been successfully submitted.