Principle Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
Full Job Description
Requisition ID: R10080905
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the futureNorthrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is currently seeking a Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts SpecialistResponsibilities include:
- Develop subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of services, specialized materials, and/or equipment
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, performs price/cost, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts
- Participates with program functional areas to coordinate subcontract funding, invoice processing and program reviews.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers. Reviews and approves supplier payments
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent (GED) with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Will consider 4 years of relevant experience with bachelor’s degree or 1 year of relevant experience with Master’s
- Understanding of procurement policies, procedures, and regulations
- Solid understanding of procurement principles, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, able to multi-task, make decisions in a timely manner and display strong interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of FAR/DFARS and associated Federal Contracting regulations is requisite
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with myriad levels of the organization including but not limited to developing and delivering to sector, division, business unit and Customer Leadership
- Ability to maintain high level of confidence in the areas of supply chain along with relative understanding of basic project
- Must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance
- US Citizenship required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and innovative behaviors in past projects, roles or experiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a challenging environment
- Professional experience in a regulated industry; to include Aerospace & Defense, Insurance, Financial Services, Telecommunications
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR
- Demonstrated experience with multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed Price and/or Cost Reimbursable
- Familiarity with terms and conditions, and/or special contract clauses/types such as: long term agreements and intellectual property agreements
- Demonstrated negotiation experience
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP
Salary Range: $78,500 USD - $117,700 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.