Trade Compliance Engineer
Full Job Description
About This Role:
The Trade Compliance Engineer is responsible for obtaining Product Certifications and completing Registrations that enable the Global Trade of Hunter Products. Uses a basic understanding of Electrical Engineering to support certifications in Electromagnetic Compatibility and Wireless Radio.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company’s values of Customer Satisfaction, Innovation, Family, and Social Responsibility.
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
- Establishes and maintains Product Registrations for Hunter’s global customers according to the unique specifications of each country and/or customers. Leads internal and external government/certification body audits to obtain and maintain registration, which may include leading Product Testing for certain countries.
- Supports and manages Hunter’s CTPAT Security Program. Develops and maintains standard operating procedures for applicable import and export processes.
- Communicates with Product Compliance Engineering team to ensure New Products adhere to global trade requirements, including but not limited to labeling requirements, and restricted usage of certain materials.
- Responsible for product testing and Bill of Materials investigation to ensure its adherence with Environmental Compliance requirements.
- Ensures appropriate classification of goods per applicable import/export classification schemes. Verifies and controls existing classifications.
- Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Generates performance metrics for export processes. Updates process documentations as needed.
- Engages in cross-functional communication and support for all internal departments in Hunter to ensure new regulations and requirements are understood by all, and that necessary changes to products/documentation are implemented.
- Engages in cross-functional communication and support for internal departments associated with product shipment such as Logistics, Customer Service, and Sales.
- Understands regulatory trends in Trade and Environmental Compliance and keeps current with new regulations.
Education/Training Required and Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Electrical Engineering preferred.
Experience Required and Preferred:
- 2-4 years of experience as a minimum in Product Compliance Engineering, Trade Compliance, or related field.
What You Bring:
- Knowledge of Transportation Logistics, Trade Regulations, and Environmental Regulations related to Product, such as UL, CE, IEC, SAA, FCC, RCM, RoHS, REACH, WEEE, NOM, Saber, SABS, C-TPAT, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to interface with all levels of employees, vendors, and customers.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational skills with the ability to work with a high degree of independence to plan, organize, and implement multiple projects within time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Experience with testing of electronic products especially for EMC and RED preferred.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting techniques related specifically to compliance issues. Able to work with third party agencies for certification and audit of products.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated skills of mathematical and statistical techniques.
- Ability to travel 10-20% depending on need.
What We Offer:
- Amazing corporate culture - we walk the walk when it comes to our values!
- Beautiful 20 acre park like campus with creek and walking trails
- On site wellness center with personal training, fitness classes and massage
- FUN company events!
- Annual performance reviews and profit sharing bonus
Follow us on LinkedIn, check out our rave reviews on Glassdoor, and learn more about our company culture on our career site: http://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers
Hunter is a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries. Driving our continued success is the combined energy and talents of the nearly 3,000 people on our team. Together, we create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings.
Hunter Industries and its Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
Your application has been successfully submitted.