Sr. Compliance Officer (REMOTE)
Full Job Description
Work remotely from anywhere in North America!
About this opportunity
Compliance Office has the group responsibility for the three compliance areas: Antitrust (compliance with competition law), Anti-corruption (compliance with corruption and bribery law) and anti-money laundering (compliance with AML laws). The Compliance Office works closely with the sanctions, trade and data privacy teams.
The Compliance Office within Group Function Legal Affairs & Compliance develops and maintains Ericsson’s ethics and compliance program. The Compliance Office also operates teams in the Ericsson Market Area and Business Area operational units, which are responsible for supporting and monitoring the execution of the ethics and compliance program in all operating units and legal entities.
The BA Sr. Compliance Officer reports in the line organization to the Head of Compliance, Enterprise within Group Function (GF) Legal Affairs & Compliance.
What you will do
- Lead in developing a culture of compliance, setting an example for transparency and promoting an environment where speaking up in a professional manner is encouraged.
- Oversee ethics and compliance activities for a select group of legal entities that typically spans multiple countries and manage not only internal stakeholders (e.g., management, legal, sales operations, sourcing and HR colleagues, compliance network) but also external stakeholders, such as customers and other third parties in relation to compliance demands.
- Review commercial and other operational projects to identify and mitigate compliance risks.
- Consult with the compliance organization and others as needed regarding implementation of the compliance program, including relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Enterprise entities.
- Maintain a sound understanding of the local business activities and applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify compliance priorities for the Enterprise businesses; plan and prioritize activities based on risk on a prescribed cycle (e.g., development of annual compliance plan).
- Ensure the publication of compliance-related Group steering documents and localize in alignment with Group where needed.
- Work with colleagues to perform compliance risk assessments, reviews and monitoring.
- Work with colleagues to deploy the compliance training program within the Enterprise entities; conduct compliance trainings and ensure appropriate monitoring of compliance training and awareness programs.
- Review commercial projects to identify and mitigate compliance risks presented.
- Ensure effective implementation and operation of Third Party Management (TPM) process for the Enterprise entities, train functions involved in the process, and carry out third party risk mitigation activities.
- Maintain documentation of compliant, timely and practical advice; work with Group Function teams to ensure timely and practical advice is provided to Enterprise entity employees.
- Support investigations as needed, and advise on and confirm execution of remediation and disciplinary measures.
- Assist with assessment and management of material actual or potential conflicts of interest.
- Work with Enterprise entities’ legal function and other stakeholders to ensure that interactions with authorities and regulators are coordinated and implement processes to identify and manage regulatory requests and deadlines.
- Assist with or conduct compliance-related merger and acquisition due diligence and complete integration activities as needed.
- Draft compliance-related reports as instructed by organizational needs or required by the Compliance Office.
- Support with other tasks as assigned.
You will bring
- Juris Doctor, Master of Law, Business, Accounting or other university degree suitable for compliance
- High level of integrity; character consistent with Ericsson values of respect, professionalism, perseverance and integrity; must be empathetic and willing to listen
- Fluent in English, second language desirable
- Working experience 10 years in compliance, legal or other relevant field (finance, audit)
- Working experience in compliance area, at least 5 years of anti-bribery and corruption compliance or addressing compliance topics
- Experience in antitrust, competition, data privacy, AML or trade compliance is a plus
- Good business knowledge/understanding.
- Good networking ability and communication skills including the ability to handle internal and external contacts, including Government authorities and regulators
- International experience and cultural awareness
- Independent, goal-oriented and detailed way of working
- Willingness to travel up to 30% and work primarily during US business hours
The salary range for this position is listed below. The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Washington DC, New York, New Jersey, Washington State: $190,000 - $285,100
California: $176,000 - $285,100
All other US locations: $176,000 - $264,000
Your pay also includes the opportunity for an annual bonus. Actual bonus payouts are based on performance of the business against the unit’s objectives, individual performance, and the individual bonus target. Certain eligibility and pro-ration rules apply.
Ericsson offers excellent health benefits including the choice of 3 medical plan options, 2 of which are PPO plans requiring employee contributions to the cost of premiums, and a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with no premiums for employees and dependents. In addition, Ericsson offers free dental coverage, employee paid vision coverage, and other company paid physical wellness programs.
Your Financial Security
We invest in both your short and long-term financial wellbeing. Ericsson’s 401(k) plan offers an automatic 3%company contribution and up to a 4% company match, leading to a maximum company contribution of 7% annually. Employees will also receive company paid basic life and accidental death and dismemberment coverage and paid company short-term and long-term disability benefits. Employees also have the option to participate in Ericsson’s Stock Purchase Plan.
Your work-life balance is important to us. New employees are provided up to 40 days of paid time off per year, including 15 days of accrued annual vacation, 3 personal days, 11 paid holidays, 10 sick days, and 1volunteer day. Please note paid time off is pro-rated based on the employee’s start date. Those with additional vacation time at the end of the year may sell one week of vacation, equal to a week of pay. Furthermore, Ericsson provides up to 16 weeks of maternity/medical leave, 6 weeks of paternity or adoption leave at 100% of pay, and medical leave at 100% or 66 2/3% of pay, based on length of service.
Ericsson offers many other company-paid benefits such as financial wellness programs, educational assistance, adoption assistance, matching gifts, and recognition programs.
Why join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
This position reports to Head of Compliance, Enterprise within Group Function (GF) Legal Affairs & Compliance
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that's why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team. Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and you may be required to perform additional job tasks as assigned.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || United States : Texas : Plano
Your application has been successfully submitted.