Technology Manager, Global Trade (Remote)
Full Job Description
United States of America
HSC99: Field Office - SC Remote Location, Remote City, SC, 29201 USA
Position Role Type:
The Global Trade (GT) Interiors Technology Management Manager shall be responsible for providing classification expertise including developing and issuing classification guidance, including regulatory interpretation, support to investigations, development, and execution of classification strategies. This role is Remote.
- Support investigations, including classification of documentation, re-classifications, when necessary, identification of root cause and corrective actions (in collaboration) of classification issues, related to Harmonized Schedule (HS) and Jurisdiction and Classification (JC), and producing the associated documentation
- Develop, issue and socialize classification guidance, including regulatory interpretation, including development of training material where necessary
- Develop and execute classification strategies to gain efficiencies (for time and cost savings) while maintaining and/or improving accuracy
- Identify opportunities to enhance or add new functionality to Interiors classification determination focusing on Export and HS classification efficiencies and increasing overall classification accuracy
- Assist with investigations, self-assessments corrective actions and voluntary disclosures
- Create standard work and use CORE processes where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years of experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- To be successful in this role, an individual must have expertise in US export jurisdiction and classification and Harmonized Schedule (HS) classifications. Understanding of additional jurisdictions an advantage. It is an advantage for the candidate to have an understanding of Collin’s classification requirements, process and tool (xClass).
- GT certifications, training, etc. is a plus
- Aerospace experience is a plus
- Engineering and/or technical background preferred but not required
- Expertise of US Export Regulations (ITAR/EAR) and Harmonized Schedule classifications
- Engineering and/or technical background
- Project management
- Proven ability to deliver
- Experience with classifications under the World Customs Organization (WCO) Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS)
- Good organizational and communication skills (verbal, oral, written and presentations)
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tracking plans to commitments and driving actions to fully documented closure
- Ability to work on cross functional teams and effectively communicate with our sites internationally
- Experience with Collins/RTX current trade compliance related processes (classifications, authorizations, logging, compliant transfer modes, record keeping, etc.) and Collins specific Global Trade related systems (GTS, OCR, MKDenial, xClass, TEXPORT) is a plus.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Tuition reimbursement program
Student Loan Repayment Program
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
The salary range for this role is 94,000 USD - 196,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your application has been successfully submitted.