Trade Compliance Manager
Full Job Description
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides enabling technologies for industrial growth markets that require advanced technology and high reliability. These markets include aerospace and defense, factory automation, air and water quality environmental monitoring, electronics design and development, oceanographic research, deepwater oil and gas exploration and production, medical imaging and pharmaceutical research.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Teledyne Marine is a group of leading-edge undersea technology companies that have been assembled by Teledyne Technologies Incorporated. Through acquisitions and collaboration, over the past 10 years Teledyne Marine has evolved into an industry powerhouse, bringing the best of the best together under a single umbrella. With technologies divided into 5 core segments; Imaging, Instruments, Interconnect, Seismic and Vehicles, Teledyne Marine sales staff can address not only brand level solutions, but turn-key, customized systems that leverage our full range of technology. Our goal is to provide one-stop purchasing capability, world-wide customer support, and the technical expertise to solve our customer's toughest challenges. A Sea of Solutions…..One Supplier.
For more information, visit our website at
This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance is being maintained, monitored and assessed throughout the Consolidated Business Unit (“CBU”), which includes oversight for all Customs/Import compliance administrators assigned at the individual Strategic Business Unit (“SBU”) level. The CBU Customs/Import Compliance Manager will ensure that the Customs compliance activities for the CBU and each of its constituent business units are performed in a professional, efficient, and effective manner following good business practices and in strict compliance with all applicable Corporate and company policies, procedures, and processes, and applicable laws and regulations.
The CBU Customs/Import Compliance Lead will be responsible for the supervision, training, and development of Customs/Import compliance personnel within all SBU’s. The CBU Lead will also serve as the primary point of contact with Corporate International Trade Compliance (“CITC”) Office on complex and significant trade compliance matters within the CBU and will assist the C Senior Director-International Trade Compliance in identifying and executing various Corporate-sponsored initiatives and projects. The CBU Lead will support the CBU by supporting and contributing to the strategic development of the CBU by building and proactively managing a strong trade compliance program.
The role demands exceptional communication and collaboration skills, and strong trade compliance expertise. The CBU Lead will be a full-time and will participate in setting annual goals, setting compliance priorities, participating in the performance and merit review determinations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring Customs/Import compliance in accordance with U.S. Customs/Import laws and regulations and Teledyne Technologies corporate trade compliance policies and procedures at all strategic business units (SBU) falling under the CBU.
- Ensure and support appropriate management accountability and responsibility for trade compliance.
- Supervise Customs/Import compliance personnel within CBU, including assigning workloads, setting priorities, providing guidance and assistance, and reviewing performance.
- Conduct SBU compliance assessments and implement corrective actions, as required.
- Assist Corporate International Trade Compliance (CITC) Office with investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with Customs/import laws and regulations.
- Periodically monitor high risk compliance areas within the CBU and provide summary report to Corporate’s CITC Office.
- Ensure corrective action items are implemented and completed for any Corporate Internal Audit Finding or Corporate CITC Assessment.
- Review changes in SBU operations to identify new risk areas.
- Provide trade compliance training to SBU trade compliance administrators and assist in developing functional training for each SBU.
- Assist Corporate CITC Office in various trade compliance projects throughout the year.
- Develop, implement, enhance and maintain trade compliance management systems, policies, and department procedures and work instructions.
- Assist CBU in development, implementation, enhancement and maintenance of trade compliance facility procedures and work instructions.
- Keep abreast of changes in Customs/Import regulations to ensure CBU compliance.
- Provide regular comprehensive reports for the Senior Director-International Trade Compliance regarding significant trade compliance matters and status.
This job provides general supervision to a functional area which may include supervision of lower level supervisors and direct supervision of other exempt and non-exempt personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include providing leadership to employees, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a related field and 7-10 years of directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Licensed Customs broker desired.
Must be willing to travel domestically 10-20%
Position requires U.S. Person for access to ITAR-Controlled Technical Data.
ITAR regulations dictate that information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies may only be shared with US Persons unless authorization from the Department of State is received or a special exemption is used.
A "U.S. person" can be
A U.S. citizen; A permanent resident who does not work for a foreign company, a foreign government, or a foreign governmental agency/organization; A political asylee; A part of the U.S. government, or A corporation, business, organization, or group that is incorporated in the United States under U.S. law.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Excellent Health, Dental, Vision
Paid Vacation Time
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Teledyne and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
Teledyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other characteristic or non-merit based factor made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.