Senior Analyst, Administrative
The Import/Export Administrator will oversee and direct import and export operations in compliance with tariff and customs regulations.
In addition to the responsibilities set forth:
Plans and oversees the flow of goods for international and domestic traffic.
Calculates duties, tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported and imported.
Oversees preparation of documents such as letters of credit, filing tariffs, bills of lading, license agreements, and other correspondence; coordinates other paperwork and documentation necessary to comply with tariffs and customs regulations.
Serves as a liaison between agents, brokers, banks, shippers, and warehouse facilities.
Expedites shipping of goods into and out of the country.
Performs duties involving the interpretation of international trade regulations for multiple countries
Assess business risk in relation to import and export business transactions
Communicates directly with government agencies, forwarders, brokers, engineers and subject matter experts
Applies for export and import license authorizations on behalf of the company
Resolves customs delays
Performs other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Thorough knowledge of shipping regulations and policies.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient in the use of SAP
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the company’s products in order to assign export and import classifications numbers
- Empowered to block any order transaction that is not in compliance with the company’s internal control program
- Must have a Bachelors Degree
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Operations Management, International Trade, or related field preferred.
- At least five years of experience in import/export operations required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate shipping and warehouse facilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.