Senior Auditor – Gov’t Contracts - Remote
Full Job Description
Panasonic – Senior Auditor – Gov’t Contracts
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the technologies that move us.
What You Will Get to Do:
- Work closely with the Legal Organization and Panasonic Business Groups to help establish and maintain a Government Center of Excellence for Panasonic North America, which includes research, solving problems, and developing policies and procedures.
- Perform audits that support Panasonic Divisions that conduct government related sales.
- Possess experience supporting audits that address Federal Acquisition Regulations, Import, Export, Customs review, TAA Compliance, etc.
- Perform Balance Sheet and Management Audits of all PNA regional locations; financial and operational auditing
- Assist in identifying root causes or contributing factors relating to departures from standard operating procedures or Company guidelines and policies as well as Accounting Standards pronouncements
- Ensures work papers for assigned areas are assembled and maintained correctly.
- Informs supervisor regularly of work progress in assigned audit areas; meets with manager as necessary for advice and consultation.
- Recommends revisions to audit programs as necessary to ensure complete analysis of assigned areas.
- Assists with Sarbanes Oxley audits and compliance activities in assigned areas based on Panasonic Corporation guidelines and requirements, i.e. tests of control design and operating effectiveness.
- Documents and reports findings of internal control deficiencies with subsequent monitoring of remediation through established methodologies.
- Possess understanding of the adequacy of internal controls as being responsive to risks
- Performs Data Analytics
- Supports external auditors by providing direct assistance or performing assigned tasks to permit reliance upon internal auditors testing and documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
What You Will Bring:
- BS or BA Degree in Accounting or business-related degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in auditing manufacturing and sales companies, preferably Big 4, who sell directly to the US Government. With a firm understanding of government contracts and compliance.
- Should possess an understanding of accounting policy and procedures, in addition to audit concepts and methodologies.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA certifications preferred.
- Experience in Data Analytics tools like Tableau, PowerBI preferred.
- Excellent presentation, collaboration, and verbal & written communication skills.
- Up to 20 percent business travel to international or domestic locations.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Your application has been successfully submitted.