Logistics Manager Part-Time Rotational (Logistics Management Analyst 4)
Full Job Description
Location: Fayetteville, NC, North Carolina, United States
Company: HII's Mission Technologies division
Requisition Number: 12773
Required Travel: 26 - 50%
Employment Type: Part Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Hours Per Week: 40
Security Clearance: Secret
Level of Experience: Senior
Who We Are
HII-Mission Technologies is seeking a Logistics Manager to support Personnel Recovery / Casualty Evacuation (PR/CASEVAC) services for the United States Africa Command (USAFRICOM). The Logistics Manager directs various logistics functions; from facility sustainment and management to material inventories, acquisition, life cycle replacement, and accountability. Prepares logistics documentation to establish the range and depth of spares, tools, test equipment, and related manuals to be deployed and stocked. Determines maintenance and repair materials required for deployment. Modifies maintenance records such as repair standards for more complex equipment or components. Develops requisitions for and manages records of equipment, components, repair parts, and related manuals; tracks logistics materials and parts for proper allocation of storage facilities; reviews configuration changes to evaluate the impact on logistics deployment; documents equipment, component, and parts conditions; and identifies logistics support documentation to be included such as drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance requirement cards to support life-cycle of the product. Manages government property and assists with goods and services invoice reconciliation.
This position requires travel to East Africa in support of USAFRICOM and could require a work schedule of up to 84 hours a week.
What You Will Do
- Maintains asset visibility and property accounting records in automated management and accounting system.
- Prepares purchase request documents and micro-purchases to support existing and forecasted requirements, as directed.
- Assists program managers and stakeholders with equipment, material, and service non-standard-commercial requisitions.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all logistics and property management, control, and inventory requirements, including monthly and annual inventories, shipping and import/export compliance procedures, and life Cycle Logistics sustainment plans.
- Provides in-depth analysis of transportation costs, parts procurement, backorders, and delivery procedures.
- Prepares and schedules equipment and material transportation and shipping requests.
- Prepares reports on logistics performance measures as part of quarterly and annual Deliverables Reports.
- Implements Activity Register and tracks product flow from origin to final delivery.
- Develops and maintains models for logistics uses, such as cost estimating or demand forecasting.
- Writes or revises standard operating procedures for logistics processes.
- Conducts property and equipment inventories, and generates detailed reports for review by stakeholders and management teams.
- Prepares equipment and material transportation plans; plans and executes movement orders, itineraries, load plans, staging, and safeguard areas.
- Loads and Downloads ground logistics packages.
- Controls the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between points of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. Ensures that customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives.
- Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as replenishment, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration, and related functions.
- Builds relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives. Integrates learning from customers, competitors, operating entities, distribution, transportation, customer service, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position.Controls the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements. Ensures that customer service and time objectives are achieved within existing financial constraints in order to meet marketing and financial objectives. Ensures the execution and continuous improvement of standard logistics processes, such as the replenishment system, data interchange systems, demand management, electronic data systems administration and related functions. Builds relationships with strategic customers through logistics initiatives. Integrates learning from customers, competitors, operating entities, distribution, transportation, customer service, other industries, industry groups, and professional training to continuously improve competitive position.
What We Are Looking For
- 10 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 8 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 14 years relevant experience.
- Possess current or previous qualifications for weapons.
- Must meet and maintain the ability to obtain a permit to carry a firearm.
- Must meet and maintain the ability to obtain medical and dental readiness requirements.
- Clearance: Must possess and maintain a Secret clearance
Preferred: Bonus Points For...
- Purchasing and requisitioning non-standard, commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) material.
- Transportation, International Shipping, and Import/Export Procedures.
May require working in an office, industrial, shipboard, or laboratory environment. Capable of climbing ladders and tolerating confined spaces and extreme temperature variances.
This opportunity resides with Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C5ISR), a business group within HII’s Mission Technologies division. From towers to processors, we design, develop, integrate and manage the sensors, systems and other assets necessary to support integrated intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) operations, exploitation and analysis for the Intelligence Community, the military services, geographic and functional combatant commands and DoD agencies.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII’s skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.
HII is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.