Trade Compliance Operations Manager
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Manager, Trade Compliance Operations , as part of the Transportation Operations organization located in Piscataway, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (JJHCS) provides contracting, supply chain, business services, and strategic solutions to customers and commercial intermediaries of U.S.-based Johnson & Johnson companies, including hospital systems, health plans, distributors, wholesalers, purchasing organizations, government payer programs, and government healthcare institutions in the U.S. JJHCS also engages with customers to provide streamlined supply chain services for our products that seamlessly integrate with customer operations, address evolving market challenges to value-based care, and develop innovative solutions that improve patient care and access.
North America Transportation Operations is part of Johnson & Johnson’s global Supply Chain organization supporting operations across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies: Medical Devices (including Vision) and Pharmaceutical. We are a critical component of our supply chain, working collaboratively to ensure that quality, safety and the experience of our customers is our top priority.
Are you interested in joining a team that is helping to move J&J products Worldwide to improve patient and customer care and drive innovation? Apply today for this exciting opportunity!
As the Manager of Trade Compliance operations, you will
- Lead a team of 4 trade compliance professionals while providing training and development opportunities.
- Provide direction to functional areas that share import-export responsibilities with the NA Trade Compliance Team to ensure J&J imports, exports, and R&D activities comply with import-export laws.
- Address and resolve inquiries from government agencies such as CBP, FDA, Census, and the BIS.
- Report clearance performance and develop strategies to reduce risk of supply chain delays.
- Conduct import-export assessments, develop training, and implement compliance improvement plans.
- Identify new opportunities to participate in duty savings opportunities which include, but are not limited to drawback, foreign trade zones, and free trade agreements.
- Conduct periodic compliance checks on daily import and export transactions to ensure compliance, and work with Operations to develop remediation plans to address deficiencies.
- Support the implementation of a global trade compliance program as well as the standardization of policies, processes, procedures, metrics, and tools.
- Develop management action plans (MAPs) to remediate compliance issues to include ensuring appropriate investigation, closure, and process governance.
- This person is accountable for Trade Compliance governance activities across the entire supply chain in partnership with Planning, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, External Manufacturing, Franchise Integration, Logistics Procurement, Legal, and Finance. This position also monitors and assesses changing and emerging industry regulations applicable to import and export activities.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years of International Supply Chain, Transportation, Trade Compliance and experience in a highly regulated industry required.
- Requires experience in logistics, customer service, transportation, distribution, operations, supply chain, and/or information technology
- Strong collaboration, influencing skills to inspire trust and effectively build relationships is required.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to succeed with internal and external business partners
- Proven experience in driving decisions and results in a highly complex and rapidly changing environment
- Proven analytical experience and ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- People leadership experience required
- Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools, Training or certification preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.