Import/Export Operations Specialist
Full Job Description
International Freight Forwarder specializes in servicing luxury businesses and is looking for an experienced Import and Export, full-time operations employee for International shipments. The candidates should have a solid work ethic and strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; they must be able to convey information and ideas clearly. A second language is a plus but not required.
- Team oriented
Manage import and export transactions, including all related activities for an assigned base of accounts. Expediting transaction and entry processing to meet customers' expectations. Produce and complete additional documentation and assist import customers in completing additional documentation as prescribed by regulatory requirements. May also perform duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process goods through Customs and effect timely delivery. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.
- Receive, review, and process documentation; work through an assigned base of accounts, process documents, and information through the established systems, ensuring preparation according to regulatory requirements and customer commitments;
- Process documents through the system; interface with other FERRARI's systems to provide updates and communications for internal and external customers to produce timely and compliant transactions.
- Prepares export documents. A plus if familiar with AS400 & Questaweb.
- Assist in the workstream development of new accounts, including reviewing all documentation and forms, maintaining communications with clients, reviewing their process on a regular basis, and maintaining client profiles and databases.
- Investigate reason and advise the supervisor of any problems or irregularities.
- Continue to improve your understanding and knowledge of the established system in both its basic and advanced features.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience as Import Clerk, Export Clerk, Customs Clerk, or related positions
- Customs Data Entry Experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree completed or in progress
- Experience and interest in transportation, international trade, and luxury business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to lift and carry
- Flexibility with schedule
- Must have weekend availability when needed
- Tech-savvy, knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate a strong sense of teamwork
- A high degree of attention to detail
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Miami, FL 33132: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Import/Export: 1 year (Required)
- Heavy lifting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
Your application has been successfully submitted.