Trade Compliance Logistics Analyst
Full Job Description
Trade Compliance Analyst
Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling and recycling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We work alongside our customers to provide innovative solutions to the aerospace, beverage can, automotive and high-end specialty markets.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, Novelis has approximately 14,650 employees in 33 operating facilities on four continents and is making significant capital investments in recycling and rolling capacity in North America to meet an ascending customer demand.
The Novelis North America (NNA) team is seeking a Trade Compliance Analyst. The person in this role will report to the Manager, Trade Compliance. The Trade Compliance Analyst, based in Atlanta, GA is a subject matter authority responsible for handling trade compliance elements of global import and export operations for the respective regions and jurisdictions, in this case the United States, Canada and Mexico.
The aim of this position is to provide operational and active support to the Logistics Trade Compliance Manager on trade matters throughout North America, while ensuring overall trade compliance.
The Trade Compliance Analyst main objective is the coordination of Novelis’ day-to-day trade operations and supervising trade processes and completes documentation vital for international trade. This position should ensure that all customs documentation is filed accurately and timely. This position should also perform analysis and reconciliation of various customs and trade issues e.g. 232 tariff in order to minimize the amount of customs duties paid by the Company.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Work with Customs Brokerage and Export Filing service providers to ensure proper execution of business rules & driving performance improvement initiatives
- Review customs entry documents customshouse brokers file on Novelis’ behalf to ensure timely filing and the accurate declaration of data to US Customs and Border Protection, Canada’s Border Services Agency, and Mexico’s National Customs Agency (ANAM).
- Run monthly ACE data report (or equivalent) and cross-reference the data against the customshouse broker file for any inconsistencies e.g. 232 payment.
- Responsible for the management of Novelis’ 232 tariff (review data, filing of exclusions, monitoring of exclusion status, volume depletion management, renewal filing etc.)
- Review US, Canadian and Mexican customs brokerage invoices for service charges and clearance information; follow-up and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all Novelis’ import and export transactions within the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Work closely with Logistics and Supply Chain personnel to assist them with obtaining Certificates of Origin to ensure accurate reporting of origin data to the US and foreign governments; support Buy American Act and Free Trade Agreement requirements (as and where applicable).
- Accurately complete documentation and fulfill related functions necessary to process Novelis’ import and export shipments, in accordance with Novelis’ trade policies and procedures and US and foreign trade regulations.
- Provide administrative support and maintain open and effective communication during cross-functional assignments, projects and ad hoc teams that typically include Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs, Legal Corporate, Transportation and Shipping and Receiving personnel.
- Develop training on Import / Export topics and provide training to team members both inside & outside the trade compliance team as needed
- Work closely with North America Logistics and Trade Compliance Manager to provide additional bandwidth/support on operational issues as needed
- Provide support for correcting invoice and declaration data discrepancies and working towards root cause corrections with internal business partners
- Prepare updates & provide feedback to management
- Work with Trade Systems & Logistics IT teams to ensure project business requirements are clear & understood
The main challenge for this position is the level of attention to the details required to fulfill the job functions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ensure high level of accuracy and quality work
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize under pressure and within timeline constraints
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, Business Administration, or similar subject area
- 2-5 years of supply chain or logistics related experience in manufacturing company preferred
- Customs and trade compliance experience required
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to extract data and draw conclusions and recommendations
- Ensure high level of accuracy and quality work
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills; ability to connect with all levels in the organization
- Teammate with strong interpersonal skills
- Pro-active and flexible, able to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload; must be able to handle multiple tasks at once without sacrificing attention to detail
What We Offer:
In addition to a competitive salary and yearly bonus structure (Annual Incentive Plan), this role offers a hybrid schedule. Novelis is committed to a Flex Work approach that empowers employees to maintain work-life balance while enjoying the benefits of a collaborative office environment.
Novelis benefits say a lot about how we care for each other. Our employees and their families have many different needs. As a result, our benefits offer choices on many levels and are high in quality, competitive in the marketplace, and affordable. These are a few of the benefits we offer to support you and your family’s well-being:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Health savings accounts – Company Funded Health Savings Account (HSA) and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company-paid basic life insurance and Additional voluntary life coverage
- Paid vacation and competitive personal time off
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Retiree Medical Plans – medical and prescription drug coverage through Novelis sponsored Retiree Health Access
- Retirement Savings Account
- Employee assistance programs – available 24/7 to you and your family
- Wellness and Work Life Support - career development and educational assistance
Novelis recognizes its hard-working and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoffs, recalls, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training, are without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Novelis’ Global Corporate Headquarters is located in the Buckhead neighborhood of Atlanta Georgia and employs approximately 250 people. It is co-located with Novelis’ North America regional office which employs approximately 225 people. Supporting its 24 operations worldwide Novelis’ corporate office is home to the executive leadership team and global functions that support the automotive beverage can and high-end specialties value streams. The City of Atlanta provides a diverse and family-friendly place to live with countless museums cultural organizations and educational institutions including the Georgia Aquarium Woodruff Arts Center CNN Center Georgia Tech and Mercedes-Benz Stadium. In the Atlanta area Novelis has strong community partnerships with Atlanta Habitat for Humanity GeorgiaFIRST and Agape Youth and Family Center in addition to many local museums and community groups. Novelis recognizes its talented and diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal provincial or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.